Huawei Mediapad

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
So what does huawei have in store for us now? Apparently they will announce details later this month. Seems they are dedicated to the tablet format.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
It appears that this is the S7 Pro we've heard about, dual core running Honeycomb. If they can price this thing close to the S7/Slim I think they might have something here.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Hate to keep replying to my own thread but it is possible this will be the first 7" Honeycomb tablet to hit retail. The Acer Iconia 100 seems delayed for some time.

Joshua

Nov 28, 2010
Hate to keep replying to my own thread but it is possible this will be the first 7" Honeycomb tablet to hit retail. The Acer Iconia 100 seems delayed for some time.

My local walmart has a display and shelf tag setup for the 7" iconia. Priced at $348.

They also have a 8" vizio on the display.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I was hearing end of summer for the 7" Iconia Tablet, Acer must have solved whatever problems they were having implementing Honeycomb on the smaller screen. Hardware wise the 7" tablet was ready at the same time as their 10".

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011

I have been pleased with my S7 for the most part, but their PR and marketing has to be the worst in the history of mankind. This video is painful. :)

Now...onto the device itself.....yeah, it's intriguing, but it needs to be priced competitively to get traction. The 7" form factor is actually better in some respects because you can hold it in one hand, but I doubt anyone can really justify getting a 7" if a 10.1 is a few bucks more. The ASUS transformer is only $400 (if you can find it) and the Toshiba Thrive is $430. The Amazon 7 and 10 inchers might be around that same price, but we'll have to see exactly what UI they come out with (I'd be shocked if it wasn't a skin).

Like most people here, this BB S7 is good enough that I can be patient in choosing my next tab. If I had to guess, the Pro/MediaPad would have to be dirt cheap to win this next round (like the S7 won the last one). Like you suggested, for $250-280 I might make me jump.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
The new coby kryos is $179 its got 1ghz and 512 ram I'm stoked its so cheap

-brendon

Is this running Honeyomb?

On another note the Acer 7" tablet mentioned at Wallmart is apparently running Gingerbread for now.
So maybe Huawei may still be first to market with a Honeycomb 7" tablet.

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
Read the stats on the Kryos, Battery seems to be quite limited, like the S7.
Also, no Phone support. I guess I'll be sticking with the S7 until something
better (with similar capabilities) comes along. Anyway, I'm still quite happy with it!

bobrien4975

Apr 19, 2011
Is this running Honeyomb?

On another note the Acer 7" tablet mentioned at Wallmart is apparently running Gingerbread for now.
So maybe Huawei may still be first to market with a Honeycomb 7" tablet.

True

-brendon

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
The new coby kryos is $179 its got 1ghz and 512 ram I'm stoked its so cheap

-brendon

Actually that was a question, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. Coby makes some decent inexpensive tablets I just would be very suprised if they were doing Honeycomb, but it wouldn't be inconceivable. The price point just sounded too low for the hardware requirments.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Read the stats on the Kryos, Battery seems to be quite limited, like the S7.
Also, no Phone support. I guess I'll be sticking with the S7 until something
better (with similar capabilities) comes along. Anyway, I'm still quite happy with it!

Don't think we will see phone support in any Honeycomb tablet, just 3 and 4g. Maybe that's not what you meant, anyway the S7 is a very good tablet.

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
Don't think we will see phone support in any Honeycomb tablet, just 3 and 4g. Maybe that's not what you meant, anyway the S7 is a very good tablet.

I know, it's unfortunate that other mfg's don't add the phone support.
Two things I really like about the S7. . . The kickstand and the phone support.
Mine sits on my computer table when I'm at home with the kickstand up
and ready to be used as a speaker phone.

I guess the S7 will be the primary tablet for me for a long time!