Huawei S7 Accesories site

cbinks

Nov 20, 2010
I took my s7 into Interstate battery store here in kansas they said normally takes two or three weeks but they will find a source and stock this battery. Once they get me one And i verify its correct i will post their web link.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Just a few observations guys.
Wouldn't it be a better idea to get a solar rechargeable external battery pack (you can also charge from USB) rather than a battery that you will need another charger for and will become a redundant item 'investment' when you next change devices. An external unit will be usable with any future device.

lotusflower

Dec 3, 2010
Just found this on Ebay:

View attachment 669View attachment 670

It's a bit expensive, but looks well built and sturdy enough to hold the S7 (she is a bit of a cow). I ordered a different one from DE but if that one does not fit the bill, I might end up getting this one.

Edit:
Forgot to add, price is around $35+shipping. It is great to see some accessories made specifically for or S7

Thank you, Poncepsr(?!). Just happened on this page but excellent idea.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Cool thanks for sharing your find with us

Sent from my incredible using Android Talert Forum

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
ok got this at staples today Energizer Portable Charger for Smart Phones and More! | Staples®
i didnt want to wait for the free tip so i got this Duracell 3 in 1 Charger for Motorola Phones | Staples®

i charged my s7 then i plugged in the battery its been on playing a movie for 40min so far and both batteries are still full (clock set at 1ghz)

Similarly, I got the Druacell 3 in 1 and used that usb cord/plug with a Duracell XP4001 (approximately twice the milliamp-hours of the Staples Energizer XP2000 plus has two USB outputs for charging/powering two devices simultaneously. It can source a total of 1000mA - 1 x 1000mA or 2 x 500mA vs. just 500mA for the XP2000). I also ordered my obligatory pair of annual "free"* tips including a 3.2mm tip and they arrived in about 5 days (*required a couple bucks shipping). Note that the Duracell XP4001 was only ~$5 more than the Staples XP2000 at another popular online retail site. I also have a solar powered XPAL SP2000 (than can also be conventionally charged) that I keep in my car as a backup). Keeping SP2000 battery on the dash of my car in daylight keeps it trickle charged and topped off via its built-in solar panels so it is ready to go whenever. It has the same milliamphour rating as the XP2000 but you pay a premium for the solar charging feature. Really like the Energizer XPAL external battery lineup as backup power for the Huawei and my family's android phones.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Wouldn't it be a better idea to get a solar rechargeable external battery pack (you can also charge from USB) rather than a battery that you will need another charger for and will become a redundant item 'investment' when you next change devices. An external unit will be usable with any future device.

Agreed, I use an Energizer XPAL SP2000 solar battery pack as an emergency power source in my vehicle (can keep it charged and "topped off" by setting it on my dash during the day. Really like the XPAL XP4001 though as my "carry around" backup battery for the S7 and my phone (the XP4001 has two USB ports and can source a total of 1000mA, all of it through a single port if necessary/desired which should pretty much "keep up with" the S7 during operation). Pretty compact and versatile vs. carrying around a dedicated spare duplicate battery. What would be ideal (and obviously a technical challenge) however is if someone including even Huawei could come up with a more energy dense (1.5 to 2x the existing 2200mA capacity) battery that occupies the same form factor as the stock 2200mA cell.

N56

Dec 15, 2010
What could you suggest? i like in the UK where solar light is impossible to come by :p lol

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
Thank you, Poncepsr(?!). Just happened on this page but excellent idea.

No problem. I just received my car mount from Dealextreme a couple of days and it is very sturdy. I am sure it can manage an Ipad or a small tablet pc. But for the S7, the attachment that secures it don't close tight enough and I fear it my fall. Still, it was a good buy at $15 shipped. Maybe I can modify it a little to make it more secure. I will post pictures when I get a chance, but the custom mount from Ebay seems like the best solution for now.