Huawei S7 discussion archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
I have 3 of the s7-104 models with 2 cameras. I installed fring and can select either camera. Not sure about the 101 model.these S7's are stock as I have been unable to root them as of yet. Having trouble finding z4root program that is discussed in the s7 forum however this is one of the best constructed tablets I have found. Love it.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Huawei support in Canada hasn't gotten any updates. As far as they know, the update is still due for late this month.

raufhon

Mar 31, 2011
Hi guys. I go Huawei Ideos S7 from amazon today. I got few question maybe you came across with. I havent taken off the factory on screen thing is it why the screen is not so responsive to touches and trying to slide the screen ?

How can I update my droid, cuz it runs on 2.1 but I think there is a way to update it is it ?

I havent plugged any sim card yet just using home wi fi... oh and the keyboard is not so sensitive is it because the manufacturer on screen label ?

Thank you

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
The protective film on the screen is meant to be removed before use, it really isn't what we would refer to as a screen protector for the end user. The resistive screen still takes a bit of pressure for it to recognize input, but it has it's benefits as well.

We are all waiting for 2.2 to be released for the s7 but if you look around this forum you will find some of the benefits of Froyo are available now to the 2.1 s7. My favorite is link2sd. Great people here, I've learned a lot and enjoy my s7 far more than I would have if I hadn't found this place.

Tom

raufhon

Mar 31, 2011
The protective film on the screen is meant to be removed before use, it really isn't what we would refer to as a screen protector for the end user. The resistive screen still takes a bit of pressure for it to recognize input, but it has it's benefits as well.

We are all waiting for 2.2 to be released for the s7 but if you look around this forum you will find some of the benefits of Froyo are available now to the 2.1 s7. My favorite is link2sd. Great people here, I've learned a lot and enjoy my s7 far more than I would have if I hadn't found this place.

Tom
Tom I am really new to the updates to droids, could you please expain more detailed bout link2usd something, I honestly have no idea how to do that.
Will be grateful for your help :)

Thank you

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
There has been so much posted about link2sd it can get confusing, so I am going to post my clear and simple guide to link2sd goodness for those devices with an internal SD card. This requires no scripts, terminal or ADB, and worked for me on the very first try! Thanks to everyone that figured this all out, and especially the creator of link2sd.

1) Root your tablet with z4root available on the Android market. Just install and run.

2) Install Titanium backup, which will also install Busybox, from the Market. Always back up your data as often as possible. The only true catastrophic computer problem is the lack of a back up.

3) Download and install MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition, which is free, and runs on your PC. Just follow this link:
Partition Wizard Home Edition - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

4) Connect your S7 to your computer with the USB cable and mount your internal SD card. At this point I would just copy the entire contents of the internal SD card to your computer for safety's sake.

5) Create your partition on the internal SD with MiniTool Partition Wizard. If, like me, it wasn't obvious how to do this just look at the FAQ in the Partition Wizard Software, it will show you a video tutorial on how to 'Create' your new partition. Make it about 1 Gig, and make it Primary not logical. I did not name the partition. Then make the file system of your new 1 Gig partition ext2.

6) Unmount the drive and disconnect your S7 from your computer and reboot. All your data on the internal card should still be there intact, and you will see its size reduced by the amount of your new partition.

7) Install link2sd from the Market, run, and reboot again.

8) You can now start linking software and its associated Dalvic Cache to your SD. Install more software, link, etc.

Just a note, when your S7 prompts you to allow link2sd superuser access, allow it.

That should do it, and you've just gained one of the most important benefit of 2.2 Froyo!

Tom

Last edited:

Mdwills3521

Dec 30, 2010
There has been so much posted about link2sd it can get confusing, so I am going to post my clear and simple guide to link2sd goodness for those devices with an internal SD card. This requires no scripts, terminal or ADB, and worked for me on the very first try! Thanks to everyone that figured this all out, and especially the creator of link2sd.

1) Root your tablet with z4root available on the Android market. Just install and run.

2) Install Titanium backup, which will also install Busybox, from the Market. Always back up your data as often as possible. The only true catastrophic computer problem is the lack of a back up.

3) Download and install MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition, which is free, and runs on your PC. Just follow this link:
Partition Wizard Home Edition - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

4) Connect your S7 to your computer with the USB cable and mount your internal SD card. At this point I would just copy the entire contents of the internal SD card to your computer for safety's sake.

5) Create your partition on the internal SD with MiniTool Partition Wizard. If, like me, it wasn't obvious how to do this just look at the FAQ in the Partition Wizard Software, it will show you a video tutorial on how to 'Create' your new partition. Make it about 1 Gig, and make it Primary not logical. I did not name the partition. Then make the file system of your new 1 Gig partition ext2.

6) Unmount the drive and disconnect your S7 from your computer and reboot. All your data on the internal card should still be there intact, and you will see its size reduced by the amount of your new partition.

7) Install link2sd from the Market, run, and reboot again.

8) You can now start linking software and its associated Dalvic Cache to your SD. Install more software, link, etc.

Just a note, when your S7 prompts you to allow link2sd superuser access, allow it.

That should do it, and you've just gained the most important benefit of 2.2 Froyo!

Tom

Nope flash is!

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.