Huawei S7 Dock - Could it be?

mrook15

Dec 26, 2010
More likely, they are probably waiting to get the next variant of the S7 out there in the market (capacitive screen, Froyo, etc.) to boost competitive sales and the population of these devices to justify the startup and manufacturing costs of complex accessories such as the dock which only a fraction of the tab owners will initially buy. The other problem is the "exclusive" distribution of the S7 through Best Buy in the US doesn't help get these devices widely accepted and Best Buy shares some of the blame for not demonstrating any desire to push Huawei to get the accessories out. Shame they (Huawei/BB) appear not motivated to do this because it is the device accessories that ultimately drive the largest profit margins. Hopefully, they'll get their act together soon.

When I first went to BB looking for the S7, I asked two of the sales people where to find it in the store and they didn't even know anything about it. I finally found one on display next to the Galaxy but it was broken. I don't know why they sell them but don't try to push them at all.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
When I first went to BB looking for the S7, I asked two of the sales people where to find it in the store and they didn't even know anything about it. I finally found one on display next to the Galaxy but it was broken. I don't know why they sell them but don't try to push them at all.

Yeah, and I've said it before - I think it's really insulting to their customers who have bought an S7 that Best Buy lists a BB $20 Gift Card as the lone S7 "accessory" on their website. They could at least list the custom Zagg S7 screen protector but you have to practically be a detective to even find that on their site. Really baffling. If Huawei was going to agree to an exclusive distribution, wish they would have went with someone who was actually motivated to support the product.

foobaz123

Nov 22, 2010
Yeah, and I've said it before - I think it's really insulting to their customers who have bought an S7 that Best Buy lists a BB $20 Gift Card as the lone S7 "accessory" on their website. They could at least list the custom Zagg S7 screen protector but you have to practically be a detective to even find that on their site. Really baffling. If Huawei was going to agree to an exclusive distribution, wish they would have went with someone who was actually motivated to support the product.

Sad to say who would they have gone with? Does BB even have any national competition anymore? Circuit city... compusa... both dead... who does that leave? Walmart? :-(

Sent from my Huawei S7.. :)

Markus31788

Dec 13, 2010
I would be happy with a connecting cable for the docking part with rca cables. Anyway to get or find a pin out or find a cable connector that fits the docking insert? Some of the other android tablets have a 30 pin connector that looks the part....

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Where did you find it? Can you share the link?

Thanks a lot...

Not sure why he [ainyul] posted that in this "dock" thread, but I think he means the actual S7 tablet which is indeed on sale at BB for $250 this week (not the dock which is still MIA). Sorry he got your hopes up...

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
Not sure why he [ainyul] posted that in this "dock" thread, but I think he means the actual S7 tablet which is indeed on sale at BB for $250 this week (not the dock which is still MIA). Sorry he got your hopes up...

:(...well, I'll keep waiting...

Music

Feb 5, 2011
My new S7 Slim has a docking port. It uses the little ball-type of contacts. It has HDMI, but only ONE USB port. I just don't care that they switched the headphone and charging jack; the heaedphone jack is now on the end opposite where the USB port was on the old S7, and the charge jack on on the top.

But so far, I haven't been able to find an HDMI cable. It looks like a 'mini' plug?

yzambrano

Jul 16, 2011
Is a micro HDMI, is next to the micro USB. You need a special cable but im still waiting my cable to connect to the tv

Enviado desde mi IDEOS S7 Slim usando Android Tablet Forum

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
Don't waste your time getting an HDMI cable for the slim. The output is only for select tv's and will not work for hdmi output for most applications. This has been addressed with Huawei and their tech support personnel did not seem to think it was a big deal. Tipical of "Huawei Tech Support"

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Music

Feb 5, 2011
So you think we should just plug the HDMI port with foam or some RTV stuff maybe?