Huawei S7 Foyo 2.2 Build Discussion

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Umm...is anyone here doing a DOS attack on the Huawei Comunity forum right now?
The Huawei forum is not working now...I got to see about 4 angry comments..before it went down

OMG - They're downgrading to DOS!? Seriously, I was able to log on this morning, but it seems that they are deleting the responses to that ridiculous "downgrade to 1.6" post, so it looks like the only "denial of service" that is taking place is on the part of the forum admins. LOL. The ol' credibility meter is pegged at zero for that "official" site. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be looking to it for reliable info regarding future S7 upgrades.

TheRookiGB

Jan 18, 2011
Hi all
whats the latest on 2.2 or 2.3 update for the s7?

Love it with 2.1. But if battery life improves with update and apps 2sd can be done then i am all for it.

Wish huawei would issue a statment as to their commitment to updating the s7.

Have a s7 since late dec 2010.

Please huawei don't abandon the s7 just yet as a lot have been sold in the uk.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

ebarcus

Jan 13, 2011
BACK to the build, less comments and drama from other forums pleaseeee :D

been working on boot.img along with a few of you, which means weve complied the kernel, can we get a list of whos working on a 2.2 kernel build?
Im looking into the EVO kernel atm and comparing...

i know its a slow process but where are we all at? Ive only recently rebooted up the ol linux partition and have been installing codecs from git land all week :p

mochas7

Jan 11, 2011
The REAL admin (Administrator: zt0622) for the Huawei Technical Forum confirmed today that Froyo 2.2 is expected to be released for the S7 in February or March.

See HERE.

"zt0622
Huawei Staff
Expert Points: 0
Useable Points: 10000
Re: 2.2 update
Posted: 2011-01-25 10:55

We plan to release the Android 2.2 for S7 in Feb. or March.
Thank you for your concern for out product."

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
^^ That's cool!! Here's to hope!!! Though its hard to know if the posts are legit being most of them have only been forum members for the last couple of weeks.

Last edited:

phobot

Dec 1, 2010
OK, we have the post in the Huaweidev forum but is it legit? Anyone has something solid about the ppl. posting there? I will try to contact the Huawei representatives in my country, ask some questions and update in a few days (I'm bit busy so it will be at least 5 or 6 days)