Huawei S7 Froyo 2.2.1 USA release

Snake eater

Apr 10, 2011
I though I would let anyone out there that was waiting for an official USA release of Froyo 2.2.1. I RMA my unit because the random reboots were happening so much it became near useless. I got it back yesterday I was pleasantly surprised to find it was running 2.2.1. But it still only has 160 megs for on the internal memory for apps. it now lets you install apps on SD card but there is still data that has to still on the internal memory. So my new effort will be to find out how to fix that problem. I guess worse case I just be picky what apps I put on here I do have a Droid X phone which I can use the bulk of my apps and stuff I want a bigger screen I will use my tablet this.

Snake eater

Apr 10, 2011
Oh one other thing they "unlocked" my CPU it now runs at the full 1ghz not the 768mhz

manxman

Aug 2, 2011
I though I would let anyone out there that was waiting for an official USA release of Froyo 2.2.1. I RMA my unit because the random reboots were happening so much it became near useless. I got it back yesterday I was pleasantly surprised to find it was running 2.2.1. But it still only has 160 megs for on the internal memory for apps. it now lets you install apps on SD card but there is still data that has to still on the internal memory. So my new effort will be to find out how to fix that problem. I guess worse case I just be picky what apps I put on here I do have a Droid X phone which I can use the bulk of my apps and stuff I want a bigger screen I will use my tablet this.

I am trying to figure out how to get more space for apps, too ;) I know some members have done it using Link2sd (market), but there is one little formatting problem I am trying to figure out. I'll try to update if I can get it done... simply :)

lightflier

Jan 9, 2011
I am trying to figure out how to get more space for apps, too ;) I know some members have done it using Link2sd (market), but there is one little formatting problem I am trying to figure out. I'll try to update if I can get it done... simply :)

.... simply and done long time ago :)

manxman

Aug 2, 2011
I had trouble using the current version of Link2sd (v2.?). used version 1.7.0 and 1.8.0 and it runs great with ~85mb internal free at all times.

Snake eater

Apr 10, 2011
I cant move any apps unless I root the tablet does any one know how safe rooting 2.2.1 froyo s7

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum