Huawei S7 Useful Tweaks and Tips

nrage23

Nov 8, 2010
I got lucky with the HTC Evo when you root you get full wifi hotspot from the WiFi tether program.

tech

Jan 2, 2011
How can I use my front camera using fring vdo. Please

Sent from my S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

xhellios

Jan 2, 2011
Greetings. Im a new user to the S7 and I purchased my device this week from Best Buy. Model number s7-104. My main issues is getting the data and voice to work. I use ATT for my cell phone provider. I rooted the device using z4root went through the steps to set it up but no luck. Can anyone provide any more tips or suggestions I could try to get it to work. Also when I entered the APN settings then press menu and select save it just goes back to the previous menu. Do the APN setting actually show up in the APN list after you enter them ? Any info is greatly appreciated.

shanksv

Nov 13, 2010
Greetings. Im a new user to the S7 and I purchased my device this week from Best Buy. Model number s7-104. My main issues is getting the data and voice to work. I use ATT for my cell phone provider. I rooted the device using z4root went through the steps to set it up but no luck. Can anyone provide any more tips or suggestions I could try to get it to work. Also when I entered the APN settings then press menu and select save it just goes back to the previous menu. Do the APN setting actually show up in the APN list after you enter them ? Any info is greatly appreciated.

There have been numerous discussions on this topic here on this forum. Here is a link to one of them http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/huawei-tablets/2948-t-3g.html#post17053 Welcome to the S7, hope you enjoy it.

xhellios

Jan 2, 2011
There have been numerous discussions on this topic here on this forum. Here is a link to one of them http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/huawei-tablets/2948-t-3g.html#post17053 Welcome to the S7, hope you enjoy it.

thank you for the quick reply. I went through the post and tried the steps he listed but it still doesnt work. The S7 sees my sim card because the ATT pops up after the reboot after inserting the card but no luck with connect to the data or voice plan. Any other ideas ?

thanks for the help. i correct the problem and now my S7 connect via my sim card

Last edited:

fachex

Nov 10, 2010
Correct Mount Location for Internal SDCard the link in your post is not working...

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
Ok...so maybe you already know it, but just to be sure: you can verify the battery charging status while connected to your charger by pressing almost any button (but not the power button)...you will be able to see the green battery and its progress.

efidol

Dec 30, 2010
thank you for the quick reply. I went through the post and tried the steps he listed but it still doesnt work. The S7 sees my sim card because the ATT pops up after the reboot after inserting the card but no luck with connect to the data or voice plan. Any other ideas ?

thanks for the help. i correct the problem and now my S7 connect via my sim card

what did you do to get the ATT sim working?

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
I found an app that takes away the annoying lock screen. It's called No Lock ( and orange square with a lock inside as an icon). It's great not having to flick the screen up to unlock. And if you're not fast enough having to start it again. I can't tell you where I found it. Originated somewhere over at slatedroid in their PDN forum. When I switched sd cards and went thru my old apks stored on my computer I found it and tried it.

Really works great. Also has a widget that you can put on your home screen to turn it on and off. Off is orange and on is green. I know widgets aren't suppose to work, but this one does on the new rom I put on.( the C60B011)

niteowl

Jan 15, 2011
sorry, i posted this on another thread, but replies seem slow, so perhaps here I might get a reply... Do I need to root my S7 first before I can make my ATT voice and data plan (contract) working? Currently, it detects the card when inserted (no bars) and I have tried to set the gsm/wdsma (?) and APN settings on it, but so far nothing happened..

Thanks for the reply. If I can't make this work, I'll have to return it to BB and get a refund I guess, since this is the 3rd replacement now. :(

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Hello niteowl-
You shouldn't need To Be rooted. Just enter The correct Apn settings And make sure To save them. I had phone Service And edge on att. I never went that extra To figure out The 3g. There's a good write up on The sticky thread.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

cbinks

Nov 20, 2010
Niteowl,
i had to root mine, some people have made it work without rooting, i would try rooting to see if it helps yours

sorry, i posted this on another thread, but replies seem slow, so perhaps here I might get a reply... Do I need to root my S7 first before I can make my ATT voice and data plan (contract) working? Currently, it detects the card when inserted (no bars) and I have tried to set the gsm/wdsma (?) and APN settings on it, but so far nothing happened..

Thanks for the reply. If I can't make this work, I'll have to return it to BB and get a refund I guess, since this is the 3rd replacement now. :(

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

Systems7233

Jan 20, 2011
Did huawei s7 phone and data setup per EddieS7 instruction. Data works great
but phone will dial out one ring then hangs up. also when receiving calls, when i
answer phone cuts off caller. help!