Huawei S7 Useful Tweaks and Tips

TheVicster

Nov 14, 2010
who is using what media player? I've tried a couple of different ones, but can't find one that recognizes the external sd card. The stock player does, but none of the media player apps "sees" the card.

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
i see bars on my phone..., but cannot connect...:(

was able to finally connect;

Can you make voice calls? After you made the APN changes did you reboot? Also check this link out, this person claims it works on his HTC Dream/Magic Android - HTC Dream/Magic - Fido APN/MMS Settings - xda-developers I would think the settings would be the same.

settings were successful AND i had to modify settings to GSM/WCDMA instead of GSM only..; i think that was one of the changes that helped me connect; thanks again for your help!

grenness

Nov 1, 2010
who is using what media player? I've tried a couple of different ones, but can't find one that recognizes the external sd card. The stock player does, but none of the media player apps "sees" the card.
I use Rockplayer - the Rockplayer Universal which is available from Market lets you set default root directory, I use "/sdcard2". I am then able to browse my external sd card and play videos, even .avi (remember to select "software acceleration" or whatever it says (I don't have the S7 in front of me at the moment).

~Christopher

shanksv

Nov 13, 2010

I use MixZing and tunewiki for music, haven't tested video players yet. Both the music players see the external card

TheVicster

Nov 14, 2010
I use Rockplayer - the Rockplayer Universal which is available from Market lets you set default root directory, I use "/sdcard2". I am then able to browse my external sd card and play videos, even .avi (remember to select "software acceleration" or whatever it says (I don't have the S7 in front of me at the moment).

~Christopher
Just tried this. Can't get the setting to stick when I change the default directory to sdcard2. In additoin, it just keeps crashing on me, and going back to the screen where it wants you to buy it. Don't know if this is some kind of glitch, or the programmer has done this on purpose to force you to buy.

fishy

Aug 2, 2010
Just tried this. Can't get the setting to stick when I change the default directory to sdcard2. In additoin, it just keeps crashing on me, and going back to the screen where it wants you to buy it. Don't know if this is some kind of glitch, or the programmer has done this on purpose to force you to buy.

Vicster,

I just cleared that whole space and can use the back button to navigate to either card. Should work the same for you.

nrage23

Nov 8, 2010
I got this from pjmaxx on xda. I think this should go in the first post. I new there had to be a different apn for data only. I hope this helps someone else as much as it did me.

"If you have a Data only plan..
Huawei S7

APN Name: AT&T
APN: broadband (all lowercase per AT&T)
MMC: 310
MNC: 410

everything else leave at default(Blank)...
to save setting press menu...save APN
May or may not have to restart...
Enjoy."

gmelfi

Nov 21, 2010
was anybody able rto connect a bluetooth mouse. i have the microsoft bluetooth mouse 5000 and althought i can pair it, i do not know how to connect it to work with mini opera which does have a cursor?

nrage23

Nov 8, 2010
was anybody able rto connect a bluetooth mouse. i have the microsoft bluetooth mouse 5000 and althought i can pair it, i do not know how to connect it to work with mini opera which does have a cursor?
I have a logitech media board at work and that bluetooth mouse. I will try them in the morning. The logitech keyboard has a track pad on it.

gmelfi

Nov 21, 2010
I have a logitech media board at work and that bluetooth mouse. I will try them in the morning. The logitech keyboard has a track pad on it.

thanks and also i was under the impression that the micro-usb was both a host/slave? is that correct?

nrage23

Nov 8, 2010
thanks and also i was under the impression that the micro-usb was both a host/slave? is that correct?
They are both bluetooth. I tried both aswell and they say paired but not connected. So niether one is working as yet. Do not know about the the USB host/slave.

gmelfi

Nov 21, 2010
They are both bluetooth. I tried both aswell and they say paired but not connected. So niether one is working as yet. Do not know about the the USB host/slave.

thanks for test. i wondering if we need special apps to be aware of that bluetooth relationship or is the bluetooth profile not there for keyboard/mouse builtin in that rom on the huawei s7?