Huawei S7 Useful Tweaks and Tips

KevinB77

Nov 22, 2010
I am desperate to know if this device has an automatic accelerometer? Can someone who has this device please fill me in. I am really looking to use it as an e-reader for comics.

Huawei7

Nov 12, 2010
New myself to S7 and Androids. Mine will auto switch from land to prot if that is what you mean. Will only rotate 90 though not full 360.

TheVicster

Nov 14, 2010
As far as I know, yes it has an accerlometer. What that has to do with reading comics I really don't know.

TheVicster

Nov 14, 2010
I've been using it as a reader quite a bit, both for RSS feeds and for books. Absolutely rotates from from landscape to portrait mode. And I agree, I prefer to read in portrait mode.

grenness

Nov 1, 2010
I've been using it as a reader quite a bit, both for RSS feeds and for books. Absolutely rotates from from landscape to portrait mode. And I agree, I prefer to read in portrait mode.

Kindle for Android can lock itself in Portrait or Landscape. When you tilt the S7 so the screen in Kindle rotates, a small padlock appears for a few moments in the lower right corner (if I remember correctly), tapping this will make the screen stick. I am too a "portrait guy" and use Kindle in bed, laying on my side reading. Works great.
I also think there's a global setting under Settings->Display about auto rotate, disabling this while in portrait mode should also probably do the trick, but I don't have my S7 here to check (only my Desire Z with Froyo, which has this option).

Christopher

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
Aldiko bookreader is absolutely fabulous! Comes with the device. Also, using Calibre e-book converter, can converter all my old lit, pdf, txt books, over to epub and the read very well on the device. I'm rapped!

dvdrms

Nov 27, 2010
Memory Booster Lite
Battery Booster Lite
Advanced Task Killer Pro
Launcher Pro (Home Screen)

Does the trick on everything I've tested.
It might be less than 200MB free. Like 140MB to 90MB or less

do i have to use z4root or universal And root with this steps?

dvdrms

Nov 27, 2010
Well, i use the z4root and download different aplication suggested in this tread i like it so far. There is any aplication for tv, like local, channels, thx

sortis

Nov 29, 2010
Hey all! Love the S7. But having to turn wifi off and on to get it to reconnect after it is sleeping. Annoying. can anyone help with a solution?