Huawei S7 Useful Tweaks and Tips

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
do you have terminal emulator installed? If not, get one from the market. Then it is just wpa_supplicant -v

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
hmm....then odds are you are not actually rooted properly. I have found that UniversalAndroot can sometimes give a "false positive" in what it does and what rights it has actually granted. Try re-rooting your device using z4root, also available from the Market.

KE4NYV

Dec 5, 2010
hmm....then odds are you are not actually rooted properly. I have found that UniversalAndroot can sometimes give a "false positive" in what it does and what rights it has actually granted. Try re-rooting your device using z4root, also available from the Market.

Now that I am home, I went to download Z4Root directly from the market on my S7, but I can't get it to connect to my home network now. It was working great last night and this morning before I left for work.

EDIT: I had to toggle my wifi on/off to get it to connect.

KE4NYV

Dec 5, 2010
Downloaded Z4root, ran it, rebooted and tried the command in the terminal. I am still getting the came permission denied error.

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
A wild shot here, it is possible that the new wpa_supplicant was actually working, but you need to disconnect wifi and reconnect or something? Turn it off and back on. The message you saw might just have been it failing to reconnect after the boot. Give us more info, when it didn't work, could you still see networks in the WiFi setup? Be sure to pick a different channel for your phone than your home router. Otherwise I guess I don't know.

KE4NYV

Dec 5, 2010
A wild shot here, it is possible that the new wpa_supplicant was actually working, but you need to disconnect wifi and reconnect or something? Turn it off and back on. The message you saw might just have been it failing to reconnect after the boot. Give us more info, when it didn't work, could you still see networks in the WiFi setup? Be sure to pick a different channel for your phone than your home router. Otherwise I guess I don't know.

Hi Brach,

No, I don't think that is the case. When the re-boot was complete and the S7 was back up and running, I went into the Wifi settings and saw that under the Wifi on/off option it was unchecked AND there was a gray message under it stating "Could not start wifi". I tried to toggle it on, but it would just fail and give me the same message. I tried another reboot, same thing. The wifi connection is disabled in this state and I can't see any networks, due to this. Copying the backed up wpa file and a reboot restores my wifi to working order (at least what it was out of the box).

One thing I forgot to mention was, when I went to copy the wpa file over to the /system/bin/ folder, I got a complaint that I didn't have enough room. I clicked ok and then tried again. It let me copy the file over and never complained about this again. I checked and I have a good 40 MB of space, so I am not sure what that was all about.

Hope that helps.

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
Well, I don't know, unless you have a corrupt file or something. Why would it give you a not enough space error? It should be 312,440 bytes long.

KE4NYV

Dec 5, 2010
Well, I don't know, unless you have a corrupt file or something. Why would it give you a not enough space error? It should be 312,440 bytes long.

It's got me beat. I tried to download the wpa file a second time, with a different computer but it did not make a difference.

roachieuk

Nov 30, 2010
Hi i recived my s7 couple of days ago and love it tried a few apps and games and all work flawlessly without no lag.Now the thing is i feel as tho ive been duped as i shuld of had 8gb of internal storage but i havnt all ive got is 175mb internal memory and it shuld og come with 8gb internal memory.So is there anyway to see the internal memory truly or is this what i have?.Ive used android system app and that says the same 175mb internal memory.

and heres where i orderd from:- Huawei S7 Tablet 8GB | The Brilliant Gift Shop:

many thanks in advance