hulu plus

Discussion in 'Vizio Tablets' started by dsmmrm, Mar 21, 2012.

1. dsmmrm

dsmmrm Member

Tablet / Device:
    vtab1008
    I tried to sign up for the promised free trial of this service. I had briefly tried the regular hulu service a long time ago. Now they won't let me sign up for the free trial. They say since I've had a trial in the past they cannot offer me another one. I could not remember which email I had used initially so I tried 3 different ones that I currently use and got the same message with all of them. I know that I didn't use more than 1 in the past so thy must be using the home address or something. Pity, since it looked a service I would have bought.

So, this is just a heads up. I never had a trial of hulu plus, just the old hulu via PC when they first started up and I am now barred from the trial that my new Vizio device promised me. Nice.

2. michikade

michikade Member

Tablet / Device:
    Vizio tablet
    That's weird. I had a hulu account years ago and they gave me the 3 month trial - i even still had a queue from back then that I had to clear.

I wonder why they're doing that to you. Maybe something changed (my trial ran out in January).

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk

3. sabotank

sabotank Member

Tablet / Device:
    Vtab1008, Vivotab Smart, Nexus 4
    meh, i tried the trial. not bad...but still had commercials in the tv shows. canceled. not gonna pay to watch dang commercials!

4. jiveturkee

jiveturkee Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Toshiba Thrive (10), Nook Color
    Hulu plus is overrated. I do fine with regular Hulu.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

5. Blwnv8

Blwnv8 Member

Tablet / Device:
    HTC Evo, Vizio Vtab
    Same here. Mine worked fine but have never used hulu before. I just cancelled my 3 month trial yest. Paying for commercials is bs. I made sure to let them know its my main reason for cancelling. Plus it would get an error sometimes when it hit the spots for the commercials and I'd have to exit the video and restart it.

6. dsmmrm

dsmmrm Member

Tablet / Device:
    vtab1008
    I guess I'm not missing much then. Thanks for the info. They irritated me enough trying to sign up that I would never be a customer of theirs so it's no big deal.

7. ktackel

ktackel Member

Tablet / Device:
    VTab
    I agree Hulu plus was not worth it, I signed up and really did not find enough I wanted to watch to make it worth it, plus I was paying for Netflix already and I got a lot more use out of that so was not going to pay for both.