Hyper sensitive touchscreen

tritonx

Jan 16, 2012
Lately I've been having problems with the touchscreen (Le Pan 970). If I'm trying to scroll, it will open links rather than allow me to scroll past. Tried being light fingered, but doesn't help. With light touch, the screens will whirl past too fast. If I touch slightly more heavily, it opens links. My fine motor control is fine, honest. Anyone else having this problem?

One more question to avoid clogging the forum with new threads. I didn't upgrade my 970 after I got it as I remember seeing some posters saying it gave problems (plus not familiar with Android and rooting), so just left what came with the tablet. I see the upgrade has been removed from the Le Pan site, but I did download so should still be in a folder. Is it worth while upgrading or does it just give new probs?

pogoj

Dec 28, 2011
Not sure about the problem you're having with the touchscreen. Does the problem exist for all/most web sites? Some are not optimized for capacitive screen use and have layers that can cause problems when trying to scroll or select certain items.

If you have the files, you should upgrade the firmware for tc970. You should be using build 4626. I think that was the most recent official release, although Le Pan has been promising another upgrade for a long time.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
...I think that was the most recent official release, although Le Pan has been promising another upgrade for a long time.

don't count on it - they simply abandoned the LP1 model. :(

The best firmware for it, imo, is version 4749 - improved wifi is the reason for this opinion.

The various firmware versions are all available on lepanlife.com forums, dbay made a thread with all the official and leaked LP1 firmwares to date.

pogoj

Dec 28, 2011
The best firmware for it, imo, is version 4749 - improved wifi is the reason for this opinion.

Thanks yann2, your opinion is valued. Guess I will install the leaked 4749, presuming we will never see another official update. I do wish they would admit to abandoning the LPI instead of leading us to still expect an update.