I Absolutely LOVE This Tablet!!!

Discussion in 'Sony Tablet P' started by JamesP, Nov 30, 2012.

1. sign216

sign216 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Sony P
    Tom, that's an interesting observation. It's quite possible that the P was developed by the "phone crew" instead of the normal "tablet crew." Either way, the current issue is that when the P didn't sell in big numbers, Sony throttled back the P tech support to bare bones.

Sony should still keep the P. It's unique design has a following, and (if supported) would always have a niche in the tablet market.

2. Tom T

Tom T Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Hauwei S7
    Problem is it wasn't until they hit outlets like Amazon at seriously reduced prices that people stated to get intetested and if Sony can't sell them at a decent profit there is no motivation for keeping the line alive. Kind of like the HP WebOS tablet.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

3. sign216

sign216 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Sony P
    The original price of $500+ was too high. Now, at under $200, it's too low for Sony to keep up. But for such a unique design perhaps there's a happy medium?

Must Sony only be satisfied with maximum margins? Is it all about profit, profit, and more profit?

Sony is a corporation, so the answer is "yes."

4. Tom T

Tom T Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Hauwei S7
    You may have noticed that Sony is doing none too well as of late, so excessive profits are not something they currently enjoy. I love their products and have confidence they will work out their problems and continue to innovate.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

5. xphyle

xphyle Member

So I just pulled the trigger on this Sony Tablet P because it was on WOOT for $150 brand new. After buying, I see that the USA version never got the ICS upgrade (probably because of the AT&T branding). Have to admit that I'm kinda bummed, as it looks like the rest of the planet got the ICS update in June of 2012. Anyone found a way to upgrade to ICS? Not a huge deal. I have other tablets and got this one because of the novelty/portability.

Thanks,

6. sign216

sign216 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Sony P
    Hi, I replied to you on the Pocketables forum. Essentially the answer is "No," people haven't found a way to load ICS onto the USA version of the P.

While I have your ear, I've been displeased with the poor wifi reception of the P. A passive mount antenna did nothing to help. Any ideas to improve the reception?

7. xphyle

xphyle Member

I noticed the same thing. Wifi is pretty poor. I have no idea how to boost it. Seems to be a hardware issue. Move closer to your router. :)