I am having big

carolinef0507

Dec 28, 2011
Hi there, I really hope that someone can assist me. I bought my mum this tablet for Christmas on the advice from a computer guy at my school. It all seems very cute and everything, but we are having no luck in connecting to the Thompson modem at my parent's place. We have read the instructions, and have enterred the password etc for the bigpond connection, but when we select the wifi to connect, the tablet goes so far as scanning and then authenticating the connection, but then disconnects. We have tried turning the tablet on/off to no avail. I realise that it is most probably something so simple, but none of us have ANY clues about computers or laptops or tablets and the like so we are pretty lost. If anyone can help us, and really dumb it down, we would be very grateful. Another difficulty is setting the date and time. :confused:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
What kind of tablet its it?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

carolinef0507

Dec 28, 2011
NEW 8'' Google Android 2.2 Froyo Tablet PC ePad WIFI 3G (I have just cut/paste from ebay.) We took it down to Harvey Norman and the computer tech guy got it connected to their wifi, but we are still having trouble. Thank you so much for responding, we are kind of getting annoyed at our combined lack of techie savvy.

p.s. we figured out the time and date....now we just need help in why we can't get onto the home wifi. Again, thank you in advance for anyone who can assist.

Last edited: