I am having problems loading DVDs to Iconia A500. Can some one please help me?

kate792

Nov 19, 2011
Hi guys and gals,

I am having problems loading my DVDs onto the tablet. I understand that I need to convert DVDs to the right format but nothing seems to work. Do I need get an app for the tablet or do I need to buy a special converter and loaded it to my computer? Any advice and help is really appreciated.

Thank you,
Kate

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Hi guys and gals,

I am having problems loading my DVDs onto the tablet. I understand that I need to convert DVDs to the right format but nothing seems to work. Do I need get an app for the tablet or do I need to buy a special converter and loaded it to my computer? Any advice and help is really appreciated.

Thank you,
Kate
It does depend on what exactly you are trying to do. I have used MAKEMKV for bluray discs but files are large. If you're just doing DVD's use your PC and get a copy of ANYDVD -the latest version. Run this in the background and use NERO, or similar program, to copy the disk. once copied and you know the copy works, copy on to a USB STICK and plug in to your A500. Make sure you have downloaded MXVIDEOPLAYER from the Android market, and installed.

Using a utility like FILE EXPERT or ANDROID EXPLORER browse to the USB STICK and tap the desired file and it should play. You can also copy the file from the usb stick on to the A500 internal SD.

kate792

Nov 19, 2011
It does depend on what exactly you are trying to do. I have used MAKEMKV for bluray discs but files are large. If you're just doing DVD's use your PC and get a copy of ANYDVD -the latest version. Run this in the background and use NERO, or similar program, to copy the disk. once copied and you know the copy works, copy on to a USB STICK and plug in to your A500. Make sure you have downloaded MXVIDEOPLAYER from the Android market, and installed.

Using a utility like FILE EXPERT or ANDROID EXPLORER browse to the USB STICK and tap the desired file and it should play. You can also copy the file from the usb stick on to the A500 internal SD.

Thank you very much! it will just be a regular DVD not a bluray and i will use the USB Flash drive to hold the movies. I will let you know if i was successful :)