I am ready to begin, but need help please.

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
I am now ready to experiment with my week old tablet. I have a 32Gb micro SD card to insert in my tablet (which is only 4Gb) and a mini cable to connect via laptop and tablet, should it be needed.

Searching via google for free films to download, I found myself back here where I'm a member, so should have looked here first.

Question now is, where do I start? how do I begin?. It dosen't matter which film it is, I just need to know the procedure never having downloaded before. Is it easy? if so, perhaps someone would guide me please?

I found a website with free films/music 1Channel.ch | LetMeWatchThis - Watch Movies Online Free - Just Added I had inserted the 32Gb cd card then discovered the cable was not micro, so I'm stumped till I can get to shops tomorrow. Mind you, I still want to know the procedure please.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Islandman,

Here are a few more sites to choose from: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...s-tv-shows-nfl-highlights-legal-websites.html

There are usually instructions on the site for downloading/streaming the content depending on the site. (Often just clicking on the content you wish to view/download is all you need to do.)

If a site is listed with an app, you'd install the app and access the content via the app.

If a site is listed with a URL, you'd put the URL into your browser and access the content via the browser.

I'm pretty sure you'll figure it out quickly just by playing around a little.

Enjoy,
Spider

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
I suppose at this stage, for anyone as new as me, earning "how to.............etc", it might be worth mentioning that you might like to create a folder in your favourites bar and name it "tablet", and drag and drop each of the recommended websites to it for use later. Equally, whilst some of us that tend to be on the slow side, probably due to age, I have a notebook in my desk where any tips given on forums, are copied, again for future reference. There are pages for Tablet/ Laptop/Netbook/ Mobile phone/ Landline/ Ipod shuffle/website passwords/.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
whilst some of us that tend to be on the slow side, probably due to age, I have a notebook in my desk where any tips given on forums, are copied

I have a text file on my computer for the same reason and still try to keep it up to date.:cool:

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
I have a text file on my computer for the same reason and still try to keep it up to date.:cool:

As it is 818am here in the UK, I would have thought you'd have been in bed spider over there in Chicago

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
Regarding this learning process. I am seeing several things on this forum that I let pass me by, as I don't know what they are. The word "rooted" appears and I've no idea about that. Then there is the Amazon daily freebie. I know a little about that as I have their daily free releases in book form sent to my email account in case I wish to transfer to our kindle. Is the app of a similar nature?

and something else I have noticed, after posting, if I wish to leave the forum, a box continually pops up asking me if I want to leave the page, why?, it required I scroll up/down before it lets me out.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Islandman,

For any terminology you don't understand like "rooting", there's a dictionary of Android terminology here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-q/16642-android-dictionary.html In fact, I'd suggest you click this link to the Android Tablet Q&A section and read the "Sticky:" threads at the beginning for a lot of good general information about tablets and Android.

The "Amazon daily freebie" is an opportunity for you to get an app or game that you'd normally have to pay for free of charge. It's normally posted around 2:00 AM Chicago time and you have 24 hours to download it to your tablet. You can check this thread to find out what the app of the day is every day to see if you're interested in it or not. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-apps-games/11344-free-amazon-app-day.html There's a link to the app in the first post and a description of the app in the last post of that thread. When you get to the site via the link, there are instructions in the upper right corner of the page explaining how to download the apps/games.

I normally only get the message about leaving the page if I typed something and haven't yet posted it. Maybe the forum likes you and just doesn't want you to leave.:rolleyes:

As it is 818am here in the UK, I would have thought you'd have been in bed spider over there in Chicago

You're right, it's now 3:14 AM in Chicago and all the sane people here are probably in bed.:cool:

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
The amazon free books come through their UK site, having looked at your link Spider, I note they are from America (dollar signs) does that make any difference? (oh, and now go to bed, ha ha)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
The amazon free books come through their UK site, having looked at your link Spider, I note they are from America (dollar signs) does that make any difference? (oh, and now go to bed, ha ha)

I'm not sure, it may make a difference. On the page where you "register", there's probably a way to ask them that question.

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
I have just connected cable from laptop to tablet and turned tablet on. With a short youtube video on the laptop screen, I clicked on "play" expecting it to play on laptop and transfer at the same time to tablet, but it didn't, why not?

D

dvdcatalyst

I have just connected cable from laptop to tablet and turned tablet on. With a short youtube video on the laptop screen, I clicked on "play" expecting it to play on laptop and transfer at the same time to tablet, but it didn't, why not?

The play button on youtube will just play the video.

If you want to download a youtube video and then copy it over to your tablet so you can watch it without internet access, you will need to use something like DownloadHelper:

1. download and install Firefox from Mozilla Firefox Web Browser ? Free Download ? mozilla.org
2. after downloading and installing firefox, use it to visit this link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/
and install that.
3. after install, go to youtube in Firefox, and when you want to download a video just click on the little arrow on the top left that sits next to a 3ball animation.

if you download the MP4 version of the youtube video, you might be able to play the file directly on your tablet with the build-in video player.

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
The play button on youtube will just play the video.

If you want to download a youtube video and then copy it over to your tablet so you can watch it without internet access, you will need to use something like DownloadHelper:

1. download and install Firefox from Mozilla Firefox Web Browser ? Free Download ? mozilla.org
2. after downloading and installing firefox, use it to visit this link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/
and install that.
3. after install, go to youtube in Firefox, and when you want to download a video just click on the little arrow on the top left that sits next to a 3ball animation.

if you download the MP4 version of the youtube video, you might be able to play the file directly on your tablet with the build-in video player.

Hi, I appreciate your post and it looks ideal, however allthough I have IE on my laptop, I have chrome and use that, so maybe the instructions might be different. I am logging off now till tomorrow, but will look forward to any reply.