I am thinking of buying my girlfriend a Le Pan II, any thoughts?

TheChemist187

Feb 28, 2012
Hello I am thiking of buying a Le Pan II for my gf of 5 years. For those of you that have it what do you think? I like that its affordable at 280.00, has a dual core cpu, 1Gb Ram, 8GB memory, and will have support for ICS. The only things I dislike is no rear facing camera, and no HDMI out.My chick will be using this for angry birds and dumb little games like that with basic web surfing. Is there a better one I can get for that price, tell me what you think please or maybe get it cheaper somewhere else. Here is the newegg linke

Newegg.com - Le Pan II Tablet PC Qualcomm APQ8060(1.2GHz) 9.7" XGA 1GB Memory DDR2 8GB NAND Flash HDD

pogoj

Dec 28, 2011
Don't think you can go wrong with the LPII and you won't find it for less. Amazon might get it to you faster or you might find one on shelf at Best Buy. Considering how you think she might use it you could save $80 and get an LPI (tc970) or a, shudder, Kindle Fire. But maybe she'll surprise and use it for more once she has that LPII.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I have had a Le Pan II for about 2 months. I love it. I think she will too. The pluses. same screen as an Ipad. bright clear sharp and responsive. Great for web browsing and games. Feels really quality built. It is a beautiful thing to look at. The down side. They do have some slow wi fi issues and can be a challenge when watching youtube a lot of buffering. these issues can be overcome but but you will spend a fair amount of time here figuring out the best settings . Le Pan is working on an update that should be out by months end. There is a leaked test version floating around at LePanLife Forum. Root has recently been acheaved as well. All in all I would highly recommend it.

Last edited:

TheChemist187

Feb 28, 2012
After doing further research I see it says 30-pin to HDMI. Does anyone know anything about this adapter, knows where to get it, and around how much it would cost. Thanks

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Welcome to Le Pan world. Hdmi through 30pin adaptor. but guess what. no adaptors exist so at this point it can't be done. it should finally come out by the end of march. cross your fingers.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
LOL@John's post. So True. :)

It's a nice tablet, you can do better if you are tech savvy with an HP Touchpad; but for an end user, it's a great choice.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
After doing further research I see it says 30-pin to HDMI. Does anyone know anything about this adapter, knows where to get it, and around how much it would cost. Thanks

Yah, currently (that I have heard) LePan says these devices are capable through the 30 pin port but they don't make a cable to do it with. LPs proprietary ports and lack of support through them is one of the big reasons I will not touch them, that and their bait and switch sales tactics.
LP1 was sold with the promise of a ICS update and they later back paddled and said it was not possible for the tablet to support ICS, currently there are third party ROMs with ICS that are running on the LPs, so it is not that the devices can't support it, it's that LePan is to lazy to develop a ROM and put it out, they would rather you buy the LP1 and then later buy the 2 and then 3 when it is released.
So the lack of standardized ports, the lack of cables to use on their proprietary ports and the bait and switch keeps me from using and recommending these devices.