I ask you IS THIS FAIR?

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
I'm sorry I have a rant to make. SO HERE GOES!!!!

A couple of weeks back my wife who also has an A500 had to send her's back in because she was having problems with the screen rotation going from Landscape to Portrait and back again it loved to freeze up in what ever position it was in and most times a reboot would fix it, but two out of five times it wouldn't.
She called in and they gave her a two way shipping label.
and all she had was a standard warranty just as I do.

So a couple days ago I wrote an Email to Acer Tech support about an ongoing problem I've been having with my bluetooth.
My Keyboard would stutter, disconnect, reconnect several times then it wouldn't connect any more at all with out a reboot.
And here lately even my mouse had been having the same problems.

With that being said I got a response back from them telling me I needed to send it back in for repair.
OK "NO SHOCK" Here even though from what I've read it's more then likely due to the ICS Upgrade, Since that's when all this satrted.

What boiled me was when I got down to where they told me I had to pay one way shipping?
While I know that with some PC companies this is "SOP" and not really a shock in itself.
My wife had her's paid both ways..... :mad:

But on the bright side though I still have the box and packing that they sent my wife's back to her in that I can use.
It at least helps save a penny or two... :p

icbi24

Dec 15, 2012
From my POV, this is happening elsewhere too. Mind you there's a reason why they are doing this and most if that shipping charge are not part of warranty, even, If it for RMA.

sent from my Ainol Novo7 Elf II using Tapatalk 2

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
From my POV, this is happening elsewhere too. Mind you there's a reason why they are doing this and most if that shipping charge are not part of warranty, even, If it for RMA.

While I agree with you.
The whole point is my wife has the same tablet and warranty and she got her's paid both ways....

It's not fair to anyone with an Acer to do it for one and not the other!

Don't you agree?

I know some Asus for example you pay both ways on their base warranty for repairs.
But on A er's part it's just the principal of it. That's all I am saying...

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Just for the record, I had a WD Black HDD that failed. I got an RMA but had to pay shipping one way. It cost me $35-00 to send in my drive. I got a replacement drive in return and they paid the shipping for sending the drive back to me. The HDD costs $170 new at the computer store so I suppose getting a new drive for $35 is some comfort.

So you're not alone. Maybe it is because your wife is prettier than you..... :p

My wife is prettier than me...;)

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
My first thought is that somebody was responding to the fact that your wife is a girl. Can't think of any other "reason". Now, that poses a dilemma because lots of times the husband will do the explaining with the thought that those on the other end are less likely to try to pull one over on a guy. Can't win for losing I suppose.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
My first thought is that somebody was responding to the fact that your wife is a girl. Can't think of any other "reason". Now, that poses a dilemma because lots of times the husband will do the explaining with the thought that those on the other end are less likely to try to pull one over on a guy. Can't win for losing I suppose.
Cali,

I just trying to be humorous. But let me admit at least one fault - my wife is able to get discounts and bargains quite easily. Whereas I try and fail. Now if you can explain why good. I just put it down to the fact that my wife better looking - more pleasing to the sales staff. Mirrors flee because of me.

Now I didn't want to hijack the thread. My comments end regarding this joke.

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
Cali,

I just trying to be humorous. But let me admit at least one fault - my wife is able to get discounts and bargains quite easily. Whereas I try and fail. Now if you can explain why good. I just put it down to the fact that my wife better looking - more pleasing to the sales staff. Mirrors flee because of me.

Now I didn't want to hijack the thread. My comments end regarding this joke.

I don't see any harm in the comment whether taken as a joke or if it were taken seriously. It is quite possible that the CSR really was responding nicer to a female, who knows?

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
I'll have to keep that in mind if I have a problem.;)

Yes Spider "PLEASE DO" I know I will.

Here's a STUPID Question if I have ever heard one.

After I wrote them back explaining that my wife got her's shipped both ways via Acer's pocketbook. And I had included all the information that they need to issue the repair order.
The MORON'S write me back explaining that I didn't qualify for two way shipping.... :p
NO JOKE, Then they ask well do you want me to continue with the repair order???? :mad:

I wrote them and told them OF COARSE I DO, If I didn't want to get it fixed I never would have contacted you in the first place....
IDIOT'S is all I can say...
Don't get me wrong I have had other Acer's as well and had trouble like this.

Why do you think I'm not upgrading my Tablet to an A700 here in a couple of months.
But instead to a Lenovo IdeaPad A2109.... I can't wait.... :cool:

icbi24

Dec 15, 2012
While I agree with you.
The whole point is my wife has the same tablet and warranty and she got her's paid both ways....

It's not fair to anyone with an Acer to do it for one and not the other!

Don't you agree?

I know some Asus for example you pay both ways on their base warranty for repairs.
But on A er's part it's just the principal of it. That's all I am saying...

I'm not sure either, in my country for example; for RMA you have to fork out ONLY for sending to the manufacturer/ distributor for repair.

Anyway Acer has bad reputation in my country when it come to this. The only fastest way to do this is send it to the manufacturer/distributor HQ to get your product RMA. So far it's better than wasting your time and money shipping it to them.