I can NOT install apps, "not available in your country" ERROR

balcis

May 31, 2011
I live in Turkey and got my Iconia A500 yesterday. I installed some apps but couldn't see some apps on the list and some of them (that I can see) gave errors before installation that that app is "not available in my country".

Some of them are skype(!), youtube(!).. I mean WTF?! Why can not I install youtube or skype, I can install them on my iPhone.

I changed my country from settings of my google account but it didn't work. I got some apk's to install and I can install them, but this is not a good way.

Guys I need to change my country and I don't know how to do it.

Do I need to reset my tablet and choose my country as USA or something? HOW?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
If you're outside the US, the market is limited. You could try setting it up as US but it probably wont work if you didn't buy it from the US

Fungii

May 31, 2011
This is a thought and maybe the more experienced people can debunk or confirm this. Should probably wait until we are able to get a nandroid backup like feature or something similir or don't try this at all, but here's my thought.
Download gingerbreak.apk and root tablet
Use a file manager and navigate to the /system directory
locate the file "build.prop" and open it and find the region or country or locale (not sure if its called something different for yiu?) and change to us
Save file and restart

Again its just a thought, don't crucify me for trying to offer a solution, no matter how crude or rudimentary the solution is. But would love to know if this would work (I'm in us)

Last edited: