I cannot install apps for Skype and Yahoo Messenger in my Gingerbread tablet made by

oceanbiz

Dec 20, 2011
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me why I cannot install these apps into my 2.3 Gingerbread Tablet? It just arrived today and I bought it just for these apps.

Dan

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi Dan, it would be helpful if you let us know what tablet you have, how you tried to install the apps (side load or a market) and what error message you received letting you know you couldn't download these apps.

oceanbiz

Dec 20, 2011
Sorry, what was I thinking. It is an Android 2.3 Gingerbread by Visual Land Company ( Chinese no doubt ). Model VL-879-8GB-BLK
The message is in a yellow bar and says "You don't have any devices". I just tried to download the Barcode Scanner from ZXing Team and same message. Every app gives the same message.
Dan

oceanbiz

Dec 20, 2011
BTW, I tried downloading Yahoo Messenger, Barcode scanner and Skype both from Market and from their websites. And I tried to Download a ham radio app direct from it's website, but it only had the square barcode, not a download button. That is when I went to teh Android Market to get the barcode scanner app.
Dan

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Are you trying to install through the Market app or a web browser? There are a few solutions you can try.

Settings>Accounts & sync uncheck then recheck the sync box
Settings>Applications>Manage applications>All>Market clear data
Settings>Applications>Manage applications>All>Google services frame work clear data

snoopoff

Jan 4, 2012
Hi,

I have the same problem. It says:
[h=3]This app is incompatible with your China Telecom Infotmic M799ca.[/h]
How can I fix that, please? It has Android 2.3

Thanks.

lscloud

Jan 10, 2012
dan, how did you get the market on this tablet? is there any procedure to root this tablet?

Sonoma

Jan 12, 2012
I had the opputunity to work with this tablet yesterday. My friend baught one and asked me to root it and get Android Market on it.
Nice tablet. Best thing is it comes rooted. I wished my Vizio did. for $150 this is a great tablet. I hope the 8" version coming out will come rooted too.

I added market by copying the files in the G-Market.zip system/app folder to the the system/app folder using Android Commander but I imagine DroidExplorer would work as well. I would suggest you backup any files that are pre-existing. This being said I guess you could add the apk apps directly to the /data/apps folder using the same method.

Caution - As with any modifications to the system files you do it at your own risk.