I cannot restore my CRAIG 738B Tablet, will not update from SD card on reboot.

LloydD2012

May 3, 2012
I was using Titanium back to freeze and delete some files, and I must have deleted some important ones by mistake. Anyways, now the tablet boots up and is in the Android Logo and keeps running with that on the screen. I have tried to boot with the update.img on a sd card, but it will NOT recogonize it. I downloaded RK tools but not sure how to use it. I need lots of help to restore this thing. I've read the board some and know it can be fixed.

Will you please post step by step with links to files and documents in order to restore it? My desktop is Win XP and is stubborn as a bull when connecting USB devices too. I did try to connect the tablet while its trying to boot, but wont recgonize it, just puts 2 drive letters in my computer, but nothing when you click on them.

I am not sure what I uninstalled by mistake, but I am getting mad at myself for doing this. I got this tablet for christmas, and really wanted a nice. I had a Sylvania Netbook, but it no longer works, so I dont have anything to take to the laundry mat to play with.

Any help is appreicated in the great time of need. If anyone can help me.......

LloydD2012

May 3, 2012
250 reads and no response?

Well I have tried about everything. It wont boot from a SD card with update.img - I tried the USB RKTools program, The computer will not fully acknowledge the tablet to flash the rom. I tried to call CVS for a possible exchange. Every CVS in my area is out of the tablet. I am trying one final thing. I am going to let the battery run down to 0 while its trying to boot. Maybe the blasted thing will reset somewhat and will boot from a SD card to restore. This has not been easy. There seems to be no "HARD RESET" for this tablet. My very old IPAQ 3115 has this feature that you press in the reset and power button at the same time and it restores from a hidden ROM file.

If it dont work, I may sell this thing for parts. Maybe I can use the money and buy a real tablet, like a Ipad or something....