I can't install Amazon App Store app

reebz

Apr 2, 2011
I just rooted again after boot looping. 1.3 and using Manual Nooter per instructions in that thread, fixed permissions in RM, USB debugging is checked. I'm up and running just fine, however I can't install Amazon App Store. I click on the .apk in the downloads of my browser and I get two choices to use, " App Installer", and "Package Installer". I try App Installer and I get "The application was not able to install onto your device. Please "Archive" and then "UnArchive" the application to try again. How do I "Archive" and then UrArchive" the application?

I try Package Installer and I get "There is a problem parsing the package".

Unknown sources is checked, or the box above the "Choose Keyboard", and below the "Welcome to the NoolColor Settings app. Use this software at your own risk.", in Nook Tools is checked. There is no wording next to the check box explaining why the check box is there, but I'm pretty sure it's the "unknown sources" checkbox.

I get the same error messages trying to install the Getjar app also.

I've reset and rooted numerous times because of boot loops issue, which I'm pretty sure I've solved, but every previous time I was able to install Amazon App Store.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out. Once I moved .apk's to system/app, using Root Explorer, they installed just fine, using Package Installer.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Wow, that is a crazy one, glad you figured it out.

reebz

Apr 2, 2011
yeah, it was driving me crazy for long time. nice to be able to reinstall my "Amazon free app of day" apps that I have. I really missed Dolphin browser which is only available on GetJar now. Got it all backed up in TiBu now.