I did a stupid thing..

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
Sue, it won't let me copy the file over when I put it in my pc. See my most recent post. Do you know how I can get my pc to read the card as storage instead of boot?

Sent from my HTC Aria using Android Tablet Forum

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I just tried the dropbox idea. Didn't work because I cannot physically install it onto the cm7 card with it being locked. I downloaded it from the market webpage on my PC but again, cannot install. So back to trying to manually transfer the key editor files onto my cm7 card- I get a pop up message on my PC saying that there is not enough space on boot. Because it's reading the SD card as a boot card and shows there is no available storage space. Maybe if there is a way to fix that, I could get somewhere. Any other suggestions?

Again, take the card out and put it in your PC! Most have card readers installed. If not, buy one, they are super cheap. Your card should have come with an adapter that will let any regular card reader read it. Then put the card back into your Nook and reboot into recovery mode so you can install the file. You are making this a bit more difficult than it needs to be. :) In the future, don't mess with settings unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing. It will only cause headaches. :)

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
I have an adapter. I am following you completely. The problem is copying the file. I get a pop up saying I can't copy the file, not enough space. If I could successfully get the file onto the card, I'd be golden. But its not happening. I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain.

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
@jonesygirl, not sure how far you have gotten with your cm7 install on sd and, as I have never run from sd this may be a bit off but, why not reflash your cm7 install on the sd card as well as CWM, then install clockwork to emmc. This should restore settings on the card to stock and give you the ability, through CWM, to flash or install any other files you might need. Just sayin.....

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hey jonsey, I missed your updates a couple of days ago. I follow you now and see your problem. I am not sure that can be overcome in any convenient way. I think what you may have to do is recreate your bootable CM7 card which means starting all your settings and apps from scratch. Before that though, here are some options.

Boot into internal memory then insert your CM7 SD. See if there are any file explores you can download which will allow you to see the partitions other than the boot partition on the SD card. You can also try this by intserting the SD card into the PC and using a partition manager. Most partition managers will let you see the partitions but not necessarily access the files on those partitions. That is why I say try it from inside the Nook first since there is a chance it will see the files in those data partitions.

If that doesn't work you can try and change the CM7 version on the card. If you are at 7.0.3 then use 7.1.0 RC1 or vice versa. You can do this by changing the boot files (which you do have access to) according to the Bootable CM7 thread.

Finally, if you can't get either of those methods to work then you can start fresh. Format the card and creat a new bootable CM7 from scratch.

JP

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
Thank you guys for getting back to me. I felt like I had run into a brick wall. I was frustrated and I could tell that even Sue was frustrated with me (lol). But, the n2a team was able to help me. They sent me a new card and I'm back up and running. Had to start over from scratch, but I had backups on TB. Thanks again.

nabour

Jul 13, 2011
Thank you guys for getting back to me. I felt like I had run into a brick wall. I was frustrated and I could tell that even Sue was frustrated with me (lol). But, the n2a team was able to help me. They sent me a new card and I'm back up and running. Had to start over from scratch, but I had backups on TB. Thanks again.

I did same thing as you -- can't believe I locked the screen and that there is no "fail safe" way to get it back. At any rate, N2A is sending me another tomorrow. I have my prior data backed up with TB and stored on my computer. To restore your data... what exactly did you do? Did you first have to download the Titanium Backup? Do you remember where (on the card) you placed the backup files? Just asking, because I'm afraid if someone can screw up a restore it will be me!

Thanks,
Barbara

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
I did same thing as you -- can't believe I locked the screen and that there is no "fail safe" way to get it back. At any rate, N2A is sending me another tomorrow. I have my prior data backed up with TB and stored on my computer. To restore your data... what exactly did you do? Did you first have to download the Titanium Backup? Do you remember where (on the card) you placed the backup files? Just asking, because I'm afraid if someone can screw up a restore it will be me!

Thanks,
Barbara

Hi Barbara. Before n2a, I used Autonooter and had Titanium Backup and Astro file manger both installed on the emmc internal memory. I copied my app data from there, to my pc and then from my pc, to my nook booted into SD mode with the n2a card. Yes, I had to redownload Titanium and Astro to my n2a card. So when you get your new card, download those two apps and then go from there. If I remember correctly, Titanium will create a folder (on the card) that should be easy to locate via Astro to place the files.

I hope this helps. It's nice to meet another n2a user on here.

nabour

Jul 13, 2011
Thanks for the help. Worked beautifully. I'm grateful that I thought to back up.

And yes, I love the N2A. They format things beautifully.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Does n2a do anything besides put CM7 on a card? Add widgets, themes, specific apps, etc.?

nabour

Jul 13, 2011
Yes, the card comes with a dual boot -- you insert the card and then you can choose to boot either into the stock or into CM7. Never need to remove card. (Unless, of course, you do something stupid like me and lock the screen!)

At any rate, the card comes with several widgets and loads of applications. If you go to their website it gives you the list of applications that comes preloaded, plus you can see the directions on how easy it is to load. The site is, I believe, N2A

Finally, I can't say enough about their customer service. I have had several questions answered the same day, plus when I needed a card replaced due to an issue that I created, they overnighted me a new card, no charge.