I forgot how to truck the Android market?

radboy16

Dec 28, 2011
First off, the title should say "how to trick" not "how to truck" (you can thank Swype for that)

Well, I remember almost everything, but I forgot the most important steps.... Clearing the cache of certain programs on the device so that the device well take effect. Back when I could still find the tutorial I managed to change how Google sees my device, but I want to change it back, but I don't remember how.

For clearing the cache/data, I know There is a specific order of which apps to do this (i think it was clear cache of googleframeworkservices and then delete data of the market) I know somebody pointed me to a tutorial specific to changing the device info to fool the market, and I swear I bookmarked it, but I guess I didn't. So, could somebody link me to a tutorial on this, including the exact order in clearing cache?

Also could somebody point me to a List of different things to put in to change my device info? (like, what do I put on to make it think I have the galaxy sII)

Once you guys help me with the above, could you tell me how to fix this: when I first got the market on my tablet, Google finally recognized my device as an Android on market.Android.com , but once I changed the info to fool the market, Google stopped recognizing it again (I can still use the app though)

All help is appreciated guys, and thanks in advance!
PS: I have a backup of my original build.prop

Last edited: