I got an Out of Memory/space error message today

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
Glad to hear this is working. Hopefully you are making notes that you can post to go with what was on the other site on how to do this. Thanks for jumping in and giving this a try.

AAndrew

Dec 26, 2010
Glad to hear this is working. Hopefully you are making notes that you can post to go with what was on the other site on how to do this. Thanks for jumping in and giving this a try.

Yeah, I'm going to try my hardest to keep this well documented. Unfortunately, I'm running into a bit of trouble with the recovery image, I'm not sure if it's compatible with the S7...

UPDATE : It turns out the recovery image isn't compatible with the S7 afaik. I guess this means no Apps2SD until Android 2.2, or a Custom Recovery for the S7.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2010
At least I now understand why can't use the internal card for apps and such.

Hoping for 2.2 soon. Hopefully it will get leaked early somehow. March is too far away.

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
We have apps2sd and link2sd working, just need to do some setup. This is documented in dev section.

Sent from my S7

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
At least I now understand why can't use the internal card for apps and such.

Hoping for 2.2 soon. Hopefully it will get leaked early somehow. March is too far away.

March seems like tomorrow for those of us who've had the S7 since November. The official ROMs typically don't get "leaked". They are either officially issued or an independent developer successfully develops an alternative ROM with the features you want/need that has been tested with your specific hardware (the ROMs are very hardware dependent). As noted above, if the APPS2SD feature of 2.2 is what you are looking for, intrepid developers have been working on the app specifically for the S7 and the instructions for installing it on your S7 are posted in the dev sections - though it is somewhat beyond the capability of beginner user. And as with all of these more advanced mods, there is always the possibility of risk (bricking your S7, causing an infinite boot loop) recovery from which is not for the faint of heart. So you can get your feet wet with minor tweaks such as rooting your S7 (to allow you to use features such as battery conserving apps, overclocking, or ad-hoc wifi tethering) or or installing an alternate application launcher before moving on to more complex mods such as setting up APPS2SD or installing an alternate ROM. Good luck.