I Got Craig For Christmas

Confused

Dec 25, 2011
Hello, experienced Android/tablet users. (Are they the same thing? I don't think so. Right? Can you see how inexperienced I am with these things?)

I got one of these for Christmas, the Craig Tablet. And I can't turn it on. And I don't think I'm charging it right. I have plugged the charger in and I do not get a red light, as the red light disappears after about a minute or two. I take the charger out, put it back in, light comes on, goes off, repeat, so and so.

Now, from reading the instruction manual, I've figured out that it should take 10 hours for this thing to charge for the first charge. That's fine with me. But I don't know what's wrong with it.

The little green alien/robot thing is in the top left corner, staring at me. It was cute for the first five minutes. After ten hours, not so much. Now, granted, I haven't been looking at it all day, but I'd like to move it out of paperweight mode (no, it's not a brick, just a new toy in the hands of an inexperienced user) and into "Hey, look what I can do with my tablet" mode (you know, actually being able to use the thing).

If I could get some help, I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

- Confused

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
Sounds like a bad charger or charging port if the light goes away in only a min. I would exchange for another.

Sent from my Craig CMP738B using Android Market and Android Tablet Forum App. Rooted, Overclocked 1.13ghz CPU Store 1678, HoneyComb Theme, CaffeineMark and CPUboost

aly4285

Dec 26, 2011
Me too, the light thing happened to me too. But, now I have to return it because it over heated SO badly that I now a fingerprint melted into it. :(

Last edited:

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
Oh WOW.. Mine got hot a few times but its still kicking.. Its a great tablet once its rooted and overclocked. :)

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
I wouldnt root just yet. Some people that root are killing the wifi once it rooted.
Did you get yours up and running?

kenziet21

Jan 1, 2012
I am experiencing a similar problem. I also got a Craig tablet for Christmas. Mine seems to charge fine. I did charge it for the initial 10 hours but then when I turned it on it will not start up properly. The little green android robot appears in the top left corner for a few minutes and then the word android appears in small print, flashes and then eventually goes away. Nothing else will happen.

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
I am experiencing a similar problem. I also got a Craig tablet for Christmas. Mine seems to charge fine. I did charge it for the initial 10 hours but then when I turned it on it will not start up properly. The little green android robot appears in the top left corner for a few minutes and then the word android appears in small print, flashes and then eventually goes away. Nothing else will happen.

Sounds like this tablet didnt take the OS install fully. But try hitting the Reset button on the side of the tablet when the Android is done flashing and its on the blink screen.

Raikoden

Jan 4, 2012
When I try to turn mine on that little green guy pops up and then, the andriod thing pops up and then it just turns off. So I'm wondering if someone would be able to help me.

Bushy

Dec 30, 2011
Ok I have not rooted my Craig tablet and so far have had excellent luck with it... until today. I still have wifi and it's connected just fine. The problem is that it will not load any online apps. Since Christmas everything has been working fine, a bit slow at times but i find if you force stop running apps it helps to speed things up. But now it will not let me into any online apps without quickly booting me off saying that some program has stopped it from loading fully. Everything says it has stopped unexpectedly. any help or advise?? I've tried to reset it but all that happens when i push that button is a system restart, not a reset.

Bushy

Dec 30, 2011
i only force stopped programs that i downloaded from app store... it didn't give me a problem until just the other day and it started as soon as i turned it on. It was working fine then i turned it off to charge it before going to bed. when i woke up and turned it on is when i started having this problem... I have had it since Christmas and have done the same things to it daily with no problem.

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
I would reflash it. Just back up any apps.

The only time i had that problem was when i removed a app and removed that phone icon on the home screen.

Bushy

Dec 30, 2011
how do i reflash it?? so far i have done none of the things on this forum and it has been working properly... I'm not very computer literate