I Guess I Need The Geek Squad Or Something! :)

cwmoomoo

Jan 28, 2017
I have a Kocaso NB1016A i need help with.
My friends daughter set a passcode and few hours later changed it; this time FORGETTING it!
I have tried to do the whole download firmware stuff twice (so far)
I have the google info and have looked at the device manager to try and set it, however I am not on the same wifi that it is currently set on. Going back to the same wifi is NOT an option. can i somehow get on to my home wifi with it even with the lock so i can try the google fix stuff?

Jon82

Jan 18, 2017
I have a Kocaso NB1016A i need help with.
My friends daughter set a passcode and few hours later changed it; this time FORGETTING it!
I have tried to do the whole download firmware stuff twice (so far)
I have the google info and have looked at the device manager to try and set it, however I am not on the same wifi that it is currently set on. Going back to the same wifi is NOT an option. can i somehow get on to my home wifi with it even with the lock so i can try the google fix stuff?
You may already be familiar with this but it's worth posting for others - even if this has not resolved your problem.

From the kocasco.com/troubleshooting page:

"If you set a pass code (or pattern) that you cannot remember, please enter the wrong password (10-20 times) until you are prompted to sign in via your google account. Please note, this will only work if you have already setup your google account on the tablet. If you have not set up a Google (or Gmail) account on the tablet, you will have to perform a firmware install, which will revert the tablet back to factory settings. Please refer to Welcome to KOCASO"

Unfortunately, this may be a catch-22 as it requires you to have set up your Google account prior to being locked out.