I have a Acer Iconia B1-710 lord I hope thats right.....

Mar 9, 2014
I am totally new to the tablet world so please tell me the do's and don't's. I just got used to my android phone. Can someone teach me how to use a tablet without using up all my memory (yes I put a sd card) in my 16GB Acer. The reason I ask is my poor cell phone only has about 77mb left after I clean it out. :p

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi chevygirlforever, congratulations on your new Acer Iconia B1-710 and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. As I told TheRaynMan, put all of your books, pictures, videos, movies, music files etc. on the SD card and only use the 16GB internal memory for Android and your apps. If/when the internal memory does fill up, you'll have to delete some of the apps you don't use often to make room again. While you daughter's technique for getting rid of apps is fast, a better way is to long press on the app in the app library. When a trash can appears, drag the app into it. If you ever want it back, you'll be able to download it again for free. You can fit an awful lot of apps into 16GB though.:rolleyes:

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Glad to see that Acer has upgraded the original Iconia B1 to 16GB of internal storage.