I Have a Doubt Regarding Android Apps

vishalonne

Jan 11, 2013
Hello Everybody

I started learning android apps development since last 2-3 days. 1 query is hitting me every moment. What if I want to run an android app on PC.
Whether it is possible if Yes, How? if No Why?

Reagrds

vishalonne

Jan 11, 2013
Thank you your guidance.
Actually I want to develop an application for tablets and PC both.
Clearly want to say that my application will be for Android tablet users, window tablet users and for PC users also. Now I'm not clear on the point that whether I have develop separate separate application for all 3 OR by just developing an Android Application can be used on all these 3 platform.

Show me the correct way please.

It is possible if you run it through an emulator. It is not possible to run directly on the PC. Link to get started is below.

Android SDK | Android Developers

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm afraid what you are wanting to do isn't possible at this time, and may never be. The applications, between Android and Windows, are so far apart in design and code the only way I can think of is to start from scratch with each.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
If you are designing apps for Windows 8 and Windows RT (Windows tablets will run one of these two versions of Windows) you only need to make one app. You need to make a completely different app to run on Android. If you wanted to run on iOS you would have to make yet another app. That is the way it works.

1 app for Windows 8/RT
1 app for Android
1 app for iOS

Total = 3 different apps, one for each OS.

Or you can make a webpage that does not uses java or Flash and have people use the app through the web page. 1 webpage for 3 OSes.

vishalonne

Jan 11, 2013
Thank you for clearing my confusion..! Yes the last option you mentioned i.e. creating
a webpage that does not uses java or Flash and have people use the app through the web page. 1 webpage for 3 OSes.
This is very much what I am looking for. Can you please put some more light on this point. I am not clear on the point does not uses java or Flash. Well do you want to say Page should be in simple HTML,CSS then how can users use the different apps as you suggested. If you can give some learning tutorial reference. Then I can start learning that also.

If you are designing apps for Windows 8 and Windows RT (Windows tablets will run one of these two versions of Windows) you only need to make one app. You need to make a completely different app to run on Android. If you wanted to run on iOS you would have to make yet another app. That is the way it works.

1 app for Windows 8/RT
1 app for Android
1 app for iOS

Total = 3 different apps, one for each OS.

Or you can make a webpage that does not uses java or Flash and have people use the app through the web page. 1 webpage for 3 OSes.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Definitely code in HTML5 if you can. There are many resources out there for HTML5 so you should have plenty to read if you Google search it. This should allow you to do what you want and will work with all modern device browsers.