I have a quest for a unrooted Nook Color owner!

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
If you have a unrooted NC then go to m.slideme.org and see if you can install a app. I am just wondering if it will work without any hacks! Is there even anyone out there with a unrooted NC?

FergatROn

Feb 7, 2011
I don't think it'll work. I don't recall the actual app or hack that rooting does, but I do recall the instructions saying that this will allow you to install non-marketplace apps. Have you gone to m.slideme.org and tried to install any apps?

And to answer your rhetorical question there is no one out there with an UNrooted NC. It's gotten so bad that I think they come from B&N already rooted. :D

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
Nope......, It doesn't work. Too bad

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I don't think it'll work. I don't recall the actual app or hack that rooting does, but I do recall the instructions saying that this will allow you to install non-marketplace apps. Have you gone to m.slideme.org and tried to install any apps?

And to answer your rhetorical question there is no one out there with an UNrooted NC. It's gotten so bad that I think they come from B&N already rooted. :D

I stopped in B&N to buy my wife a case for her NC recently and the greeter at the door was showing people her binder that had rooting info printed out in it.. It was awesome to see B&N using rooting as a selling point for their device.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I stopped in B&N to buy my wife a case for her NC recently and the greeter at the door was showing people her binder that had rooting info printed out in it.. It was awesome to see B&N using rooting as a selling point for their device.

That's awesome. I wouldn't have though they would have that out in the open. :)

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Technically it was behind her display shelf, but she had it out showing how XDA was working on getting Bluetooth going. It's funny because there was a guy there who brought his rNC in to show her. She was bringing her stock NC in to him to root the next day.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Come on,B&N....unlock your device, let customers choose their apps and enjoy it!