i have a tablet but lost my charger?

shrike121

Dec 13, 2011
hi im new to this site and ive found an old android tablet in my mums house but it hasnt got a charger but the problem is i dont know what the tablets called either so im stuck i have the guide book but that just says MID user guide english ver:1.0 and there are no markings or stickers on it and it has no charge to find out internally :( i need to find a charger but i need to know what its called first to find a charger help!!!???? it has some distinctive features like an off centre camera on the front and it has a small silver telescopic stylus. oh and no buttons on the front at all ...

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Does it have a usb port? Maybe you could charge it enough through your pc to find out what you have.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
If it charges through a mini usb port, then you shouldn't have a problem getting a generic charger from your elecronics store. Or, as mentioned, just plug it in your computer if it is a mini usb. I have found though, if a device that is fully discharged, or close to it. Then a connection to a computer may not work because your device is needing more current then a standard usb port can provide. I used to have this problem with a phone. And I could only get it to charge through a recepticle plugged charger that has a higher milli-amp-hour rating

RobKort

Nov 23, 2011
Be careful on plugging it into a usb. Some devices do not charge by this method and you could end up frying the things. If it is a android tab, you should be able to see what it is on settings/about ****. If you can't turn it on, I will strongly recommend finding out what it is first.

Sent from Rob's TapadaAtrix :)

shrike121

Dec 13, 2011
i have tried to charge it through a usb but that doesnt work its a mini usb with one of those adapters ? i dont even know what the tablet is !? im gettin so p****d off with it . thanks for your help so far .

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Get a generic charger or use one from a phone or other device. With a couple of exceptions (Nook Color, Nook Tablet, iPads) the chargers are the same. The difference on the exceptions is they require more juice to charge. So if you device is not an exception a generic charger should work and you should be able to charge from the pc. If your device is an exception you will need a more powerful wall charger, it will not charge from the pc (or will but very very slowly but will not hurt anything) unless you have a high power usb port.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
If it is a MID, you should be able to get some info online about it. What size is the screen? Looks like it might be a China tablet.

shrike121

Dec 13, 2011
its defo MID cuz thats whats on the user guide and its a 7" screen the wierd thing is my psp charger fits in the charger slot but doesnt charge it :(

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Suggest taking it to a Radio Shack or similar store and see if they have something that works for you.