I have an SVP TPC1013, Any Updates, info?

Powerslave

Dec 13, 2011
This is another Infotmic Based 10" Tablet. Virtually no support for it, or web based anything. I found an SVP site, but it has nothing for this tablet.

IT has Android 2.2. What can I do with this thing, as far as rooting, and so on?

Model # SW0106RD-20110610
Android Version 2.2 V2.5#4325
Kernel Version 2.6.32.9 neville@mevo;;e-desktop#15
Build number FRF85B

Last edited:

Itoshii

Dec 16, 2011
Does yours work ok? I just bought a SVP PCT7901 and it won't do anything past the infoTMC and Android title screens.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
This is another Infotmic Based 10" Tablet. Virtually no support for it, or web based anything. I found an SVP site, but it has nothing for this tablet.

IT has Android 2.2. What can I do with this thing, as far as rooting, and so on?

Model # SW0106RD-20110610
Android Version 2.2 V2.5#4325
Kernel Version 2.6.32.9 neville@mevo;;e-desktop#15
Build number FRF85B
What is the Hardware Id "hwver"?

It may be listed in the Device Info in Settings or on the splash screen in the bottom right as in the example picture below of another InfoTMIC tablet.

$IMG_0386.JPG

If not in either place it can be determined using Android Terminal Emulator (no root required) and running the following command.

Code:
$ cat /proc/cmdline

Last edited:

allen2scott

Dec 22, 2011
I have that exact same tablet as Itoshii that I bought for my wife for Christmas. I ran that cmd and I got hwver=0.2.3.1
It doesn't come with the official market. I had to find and install the apk in order to get the market. It still doesn't seem to be the full market as Angry Birds isn't even listed. But yes, I would like to root and install Uberoid.
Itoshii, did you press the reset button on the back??

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I have that exact same tablet as Itoshii that I bought for my wife for Christmas. I ran that cmd and I got hwver=0.2.3.1
It doesn't come with the official market. I had to find and install the apk in order to get the market. It still doesn't seem to be the full market as Angry Birds isn't even listed. But yes, I would like to root and install Uberoid.
Itoshii, did you press the reset button on the back??
Specific to Hardware Id "hwver=0.2.3.1" identified as "SVP PCT790" see this post at xda for the known InfoTMIC Update Wrap (.ius) files.

infoTMIC Hardware ID's "hwver" and updates (*.ius)

The tablet has a similar Hardware Id "hwver" to the Sylvania 7" SYTABBL7/SYTABBL7-0608/SYTABEX7-2. Only the preceding "0" is noted as "11" denoting Company Id as Sylvania. Therefore, all of the know tweaks for that tablet should be applicable. See the Sylvania Tablets forum for more posts.

Caution: Using the incorrect InfoTMIC Update Wrap (.ius) specifically, burning the wrong U0 "u-boot-nand.bin" image contained in the wrap may cause irreparable damage (brick) the tablet.