I hope that w/ the update to Android 2.2 NC should be chargable from your PC via USB

WatchFan1

Feb 1, 2011
Just for the fun of it, I installed Android 2.2 on my NC (only via a bootable micro SD).
I was pleased to find out that the NC was being charged while being hooked to my PC
via USB cable.......something that I was not able to do before on my stock Nook.

bugeyed

Jul 26, 2010
They all do, though there is no indication that it is other than the battery level.

Cheers,
kev

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
+1 what two above posts said.

Note: the battery indicator only recognizes 1.9amps, which the stock nc wall charger puts out, but the nc charges from all lower amp levels such as usb from pc (at 0.5amp) and aftermarket car or wall chargers (at 1.0amp). On stock nc cord, if n is lit orange, its charging.

Sent from my Nook Color using the Androidtablets.net forum app

Jaxidian

Jan 7, 2011
Some computer usb ports won't put out enough juice to even power many phones. If it's a laptop, it may also depend on whether or not it's running on battery.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

WatchFan1

Feb 1, 2011
Some computer usb ports won't put out enough juice to even power many phones. If it's a laptop, it may also depend on whether or not it's running on battery.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Ok, that would explain why my NC was NOT able to charge via USB when plugged to my laptop.....