I need a list of tablets that support a high number of touch inputs. Can you help me?

MonkeyKong

Jan 26, 2012
Hi!

I've made a game in Unity that I very much would like to introduce to the world of Android tablets.

I think I need some professional forum expertise to be able to get it up on Marketplace.

The thing is that this game really uses multitouch. You can be 2-4 players and you try to position your fingers on marked random places on the screen. The iPad is limited to 11 touch inputs at the same time, so I've had to limit the game a bit to a maximum inputs of 3 players * 3 fingers = 9 inputs (or 4 players * 2 fingers = 8 inputs). 4 * 4 would have been nice, huh?

- Could you please, please, please help me find what Android tablets there are out there that support a high number of touch inputs? 9 or more would be great. If the number is lower (or the screen is really, really small) I will have to make changes to the game.

I've checked this site's big list of tablets but touch input numbers doesn't seem to be listed here nor elsewhere. I'm asking for help so that I can make the game available only for supported devices. I'm thankful for any help I can get.
You can do it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
I see a problem for you.
I personally don't know how many touch points of any tablets except the Vizio V1008 and that is two. I am not sure that there are any Android tablets that have more TPs than the IPad.
Seems I read recently that the Asus Transformer and or Transformer Prime had a abnormally hi TP count but I don't remember if it was pre or post ICS.
Best of luck.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Usually the tablets that have more than two will say so, like 5 point touch. one could run the test apps from the market if they really wanted to know.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I can verify the Asus is 10 point. There is also a app in the market that let's you test any device.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum