i need a password

seneri

Dec 12, 2011
how do i get a password to these wi-fi networks? the ones that show up on my craig android are all locked and ask for passwords. help.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
You don't, those belong to other people and they don't want you using their networks. You need to set up your own or go to a WiFi hotspot.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
You will need to have your own wireless network set up in your abode. If you do have one set up, you will need to contact whoever set it up for you (friend, ISP, etc.) and find out what the network name is and what the password is.

Quite often it is printed on a card on the bottom of the router, or on the back of the box it came with if it was set up by your ISP.

In some areas you can get arrested if you use others wireless internet without their permission.

jfjinca

Dec 9, 2011
I'm having the same password issue. I have wifi at home but have no idea about the password. Tv, phone and internet are bundled and the company installed the router. I have the network wireless key (or whatever it's called) but the tablet isn't accepting it as a password. Would it be written somewhere else on the router?

Btw, my netbook has wifi on the same network. Thanks!

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I'm having the same password issue. I have wifi at home but have no idea about the password. Tv, phone and internet are bundled and the company installed the router. I have the network wireless key (or whatever it's called) but the tablet isn't accepting it as a password. Would it be written somewhere else on the router?

Btw, my netbook has wifi on the same network. Thanks!

It should be the same as connecting any other device to your wireless network. To connect, you will need to know the network name (SSID) which is usually broadcast. Then you will need the password or network key. The devices should auto-detect the encryption type (WPA, WPA2 or WEP).

If this is another password, such as a boot password or an unlock password, that is another story...

taskjo

Nov 3, 2011
Just an idea to consider if you are having this problem. On some routers there is a little button like a reset button (check back of router near the LAN ports) when you press it any device that is on the SSID's WiFi logon window will automatically be logged in. Check if your router haS it. Then go to your Tablet and try to log in your network SSID when asked for password go your router and press the button. Remember to select 'remember password' so you do not need to do this again any time you want to use the Tablet on this network.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Tapatalk PRO
www.taskjohann.com computer diy