I need an app that will let me sort my files by meta tags

mpatryluk

Dec 20, 2013
Hi, I'm looking to buy a galaxy tab to support the heavy self study program I'm going to be starting. However i find that with my information i can never stay sorted and always lose relevant information in the annals of directories and lengthy documents.

I'm wondering if there is any way to associate some kind of meta tags with my files, where i can then use a program to search for all files with a meta tag of a specific query i enter.

This would allow me to sort documents by multiple logical characteristics and classifications.

I'm going to be doing alot of heavy biology, chemistry and physics work, and much of it will overlap, so i need to be able to find the overlapping segments on one specific sub-topic when i need to, rather than dig through all documents to try and find related content.

If there's not a way to make and search meta tags for files, is there at least a fast way to search through a folder of files to see if a specific query exists within those files? At least that way i could artificially embed my own meta tags within documents, although it's not the ideal interface i'd be looking for.

f it matters, example tags would be things such as quantum mechanics, semiconductors, stereochemistry, electron configuration, etc. Pretty much any science topic that could have a relevant body of pertinent related info, from the most specific, to the most general.

If anyone knows of such a way to do this it would be a life saver!

Thanks,
Matthew