I need help with wm8650 about installing app after factory reset

yellowSTICK

May 22, 2011
I bought a tablet just 3 days ago, and i decided to do a factory reset because i think i might of install some useless app. When i got the tablet, apps like file manager, adobe, my music were already installed.(By the seller)

Since apps from app market dont always work,(as you may know) I install aps from micro SDHD cards.

Now, that the file manager is gone, I don't know how to access the SD card to download essentials apps. Also, I can't fine those exact apps (I perfer those) from any sites....so far....

Last edited:

yellowSTICK

May 22, 2011
But I cant access it from my sd card if I dont have that app....
unless there are other ways?

jamiesk

May 23, 2011
I factory reset mine, and I have the Chinese (??) version "app market". I created a login using a new userid, email and password and now I can download some apps. There should be a file manager in there, to allow you to see the SD card and then load your own apps.

jamiesk

May 23, 2011
I downloaded the original firmware, put it onto the SD card and re-flashed the tablet.

A factory reset is to hold the on button in for 8 seconds. Cant remember if its when it off-to-on of on-to-off.

zahidnaseem

Jun 13, 2011
I also did factory reset and lost all applications including default web browser, my video, my music, my recorder, document to go and flash 10.1 etc. I was able to download apps from app market.

Wondering, if anybody help me to get all of above applications. I am not able to find from apps market.

Thank you

jamiesk

May 23, 2011
I also did factory reset and lost all applications including default web browser, my video, my music, my recorder, document to go and flash 10.1 etc. I was able to download apps from app market.

Wondering, if anybody help me to get all of above applications. I am not able to find from apps market.

Thank you

I downloaded the HcH ROM and the tablet is soooooo much better now. This overwrites the old version, so no going back. But mine was cac too :)

zahidnaseem

Jun 13, 2011
I downloaded the HcH ROM and the tablet is soooooo much better now. This overwrites the old version, so no going back. But mine was cac too :)

Thank you Jamiesh!

Here is my WM8650 7" MID tablet Info:

Model number: WonderMedia WM8650
Android Version: 2.2
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-default
Buid number: generic-eng 2.2 Froyo ver 1.3.0-20110417.102309
Led: Blue

Where can I find Latest HCH ROM?
Is HCH ROM overwrite all applications?
Where I can find default web browser?

I greatly appreciate, if you could help me to fix this issue.

Thanks again