I need help!

pwade22

Jan 21, 2012
Hello. I am new to this board, and I need some advice. I currently own a Nook 1st Generation e-reader and absolutely love it, but I want to upgrade to a tablet. I am thinking about going with the Nook tablet because I already have my library set up with Barnes and Noble, but I would like to get some input from people who know a lot more about tablets than I do. How does the Nook tablet compare to the Kindle Fire? Also, I just saw on the HSN network a Cruz Android tablet that looks interesting, but I have never heard of it before. Could some of you please give me some direction as to which tablet is best. Thank you in advance.

onykage

Jan 11, 2012
QVC has several pads for sale. They are almost all configured as e-readers, but can most likely be rooted and converted into a pad. I know the cruz tabs can be rooted but I dont know what all is involved. The pandigitals are easily rooted but have an issue with the wifi. Its easily fixed, but the problem does exist. I do not know what all issues the cruz pads have if any. I got my PD Supernova from QVC, and I enjoy this thing as does my 4 year old. Does everything ive wanted it to do thus far, including netflix, as well as the kindle app, the barns app, email, chat, pandora, etc.

Hopefully someone else can give incite on the cruz pads. Alternatively, Ive heard great things about the vizio pads from walmart.

Hope some of this helps you.

Good luck.

Sent from my PD SuperNova DLX

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello, welcome to Android Tablets. Glad you decided to become a member of the forum, it's nice to have you here. If the price point for those tablets is acceptable to you ($200-$250 USD) either one would be a good choice for a first tablet. We have fora here for both the Fire and the Tablet and I'd suggest you look through the threads already posted there to get a feel for them. There are also several articles comparing the two. The Tablet is $50 more than the Fire, but has hardware features that make it worth the extra cost to many people. The places you'd want to look at are:

Articles and comparisons: Android Tablet News Depot
Nook Tablet: Nook Tablet
Kindle Fire: Kindle Fire

If you want to consider other tablets, the best place to do that would be in the Android Tablet Discussions section of the forum. Read the "Sticky" threads at the beginning of the section and look through the threads that interest you. Just click the underlined links above to go to the sections. Have fun searching for your first tablet, you only get to do it once.:cool: