I Rooted my Nook!

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
Hi
Just wanted to say Thank You to this site for helping me Root my Nook!! It's GREAT!

Now, That I have it rooted, anyone got any good apps for me to download??
I did download Dolphin HD for the web browser, that someone recommended....

Thanks alot

muslimmamma

Mar 10, 2011
Congrats, i just rooted my nook this week (got it for my birthday on the 7th) and i am loving it. I havent been able to find any place with a great beginners list of apps but i'll tell you what i've got that i like so far.

titanium backup (needed it to wipe data so youtube would work)
Zeam Launcher
ADB wireless (i havent used it yet lol)
soft keys
adobe reader
amazon
dictionary.com
the weather channel
google earth
google sky maps
yahoo mail
twitter

my favorite music apps;
xiilive lite
tunein radio
pandora

some good games:
Word twist
wordfeud free (my new favorite game, nick is muslimmamma if you wanna invite me lol)
dropwords
boggle droid lite
kids doodle
sbmx (i dont like it but i wanted to draw)

Thats about all i got that i kept, i should have made a list of all the apps i installed and deleted. Alot of things i tried didnt work. Yes and ALL of those were free from the android market place. I'll have to check out the dolphin but i wasnt sure i needed it. Post any apps you try and find that you like and congrats again!

Kristy

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I was a little worried at first because after rooting my apps would not download until I downloaded. Launcher pro. Is that like zeam?

Do I need another browser?

THANKS

Your apps won't show up in the drawer or the extras folder until you install a launcher like zeam or launcherpro or if you are still on the B&N launcher, you need to reboot to see them...so just install a launcher and you are good to go.

I use both zeam and launcherpro

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
Yes.

Web browser ? Try Miren or Dolphin HD. You can also try Firefox, works fine.

Congrats and welcome to the family :)

When you install the Dolphin HD... does that make it run faster?? I have had it ask when trying to view videos, which do I want to use? Laucher Pro or B & N ?? Is that what you talking about?

I can't find my "Thanks" button, so .... Thanks alot for your help!! :)

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
I am talking Web Browsers Rhonda, one which you use to browse internet. and Dolphin HD is my personal fav :)

and Launcher pro and Zeam are application launchers*. After installing them, press 'n' button and chose either of two. Zeam is my personal fav :)

Thanks button should be just below my avatar :p

*they just show grid of icons of applications installed. try them, you will get an idea