when google maps shows in google play it
says "your device isnt compatible with this version"
and i cant install

Facebook works though.

what do i have to do to get Maps to work

thanks

maxie

Nov 16, 2013
try to download the apk file from your pc then try to install it into your device

hope it will hep

enf1945

Nov 17, 2013
which APK file ?

where is the download location ?

try to download the apk file from your pc then try to install it into your device

hope it will hep[/QUOTE]

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The reason why Maps is showing as not compatible is because even though you now have the Play Store on your Coby, Google doesn't recognize it as a valid device and thus severely limits the apps that your device can see. You can sideload the maps simply by downloading a Google apps package from Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps and extracting the APK from the zip file. You can also attempt to improve your Play Store compatibility by editing your build.prop file to be similar to the one I use on my 9742. Or you can do both.

enf1945

Nov 17, 2013
I installled the recomended file for version that i have 4.0.3 - ( 2012 0429) file from that Goo.im site and renamed it Install.zip
and updated the Coby.

same thing - device not compatable.

did i miss something ?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I installled the recomended file for version that i have 4.0.3 - ( 2012 0429) file from that Goo.im site and renamed it Install.zip
and updated the Coby.

same thing - device not compatable.

did i miss something ?

Yes, unzip the file from goo.im.

Find the maps "apk" file. Install the apk file from a file manager. Be sure to have the Unknown Sources checked in Settings - Security (or it may be in Settings - Apps depending on the version of Android you have).

enf1945

Nov 17, 2013
this is no apk file with the word "maps" in it. Im looking in the APP folder
i see in the framework folder is com.google.android.maps.jar . But thats something else

there are many apk files in the App folder( including the marketupdater, gallerygoogle, ect) but nothing with maps in it

enf1945

Nov 17, 2013
It worked thanks.
used the install option on ES file .

Last edited: