I think I goofed, need market back.

armyjeffries

Feb 23, 2011
I am running phiremod beta2, and installed gapps.zip. It seems to have removed my market altogether. Any way to get it back without reflashing the ROM? Thanks.

armyjeffries

Feb 23, 2011
ok, i got both old and new versions. I tried to install each using apk installer, and install failed. Tried to move it manually sing root explorer, but I cannot change anything from /system or deeper from r/o. Anything else I can change to r/w. Any thoughts? I tried removing su rights, and asking for them again.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
ok, i got both old and new versions. I tried to install each using apk installer, and install failed. Tried to move it manually sing root explorer, but I cannot change anything from /system or deeper from r/o. Anything else I can change to r/w. Any thoughts? I tried removing su rights, and asking for them again.

The install failed b/c you didn't change the /system/app to R/W, which is a must.

3. Install the new market apk: Use Root Explorer, changed the System/App folder to R/W and then you will be able to upgrade the current Market to the newer market apk. With the new marketplace all apps are showing without needing to turn the screen to landscape.

-Open Root Explorer
-Make your way to System/App
-Change R/O to R/W (MUST DO)
-Sideload new market app (apk) to your sd card
-Open any file explorer
-Install new market app (apk)

note: you must use Root Explorer, and allow it SU access. After installation of RE, reboot then turn R/O to R/W.