I think i got screwed....

Ineedshelp

Sep 15, 2012
I purchased a used A500 the other day and all seemed well with it at first. every 10 min or so it pops up with a demo and i cant seem to download google play to it. I started digging around in the settings and noticed that the build number is Acer_A500_1.109.02_PA_DEMO. Does this mean i purchased a demo model from a department store or something? Is there a way to make it work like any other A500 or am i just screwed. I have been fighting with trying to download google play since i got it and i am about ready to throw it out the window.

Ineedshelp

Sep 15, 2012
You can use an SD card to install one of the _full_ ROM packages from here: [OTA] Full Package and Update (29/09/2011) - xda-developers

Follow the instructions there carefully.

Thanks for the link! i just have one issue. I have no idea what im doin with these darn tablets, nor do i understand the nomenclature. Do i need to download the EUU? or will any on that list do? Will the ICS work with my A500? It sounds like all i need to do is download it on my home pc, decrypt if necessary, copy it to SD card, and then load it onto my Tab, Is this correct? Do i need to prep the tab in anyway?

Thanks for all your help, Im a noob to these things. I can build a PC from the ground up but these are entirely different.

this is the one im going to try and work with. Acer_A500_7.014.01_041.203.01_COM_GEN1 : http://cdn.a1.futuredial.com/Acer_A5...3_2fe1ad59.zip

Ineedshelp

Sep 15, 2012
went through all the steps only to figure out that the a500 does not accept SD cards, they take mini sd cards. I have one but no way to transfer data to it......im just gonna sell this darn thing if i can and prolly buy an Ipad.

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
can you try the restoration back to factory setting?

Try these:
1. goto System Setting -> Backup & Reset and click the Factory data reset. or
2. Power off the unit. After a couple of seconds, power on the device while holding the vol. - (right button of the volume on left top of the tablet) and wait until some text appears on the screen then release the volume.

That should brings you to factory reset.

I hope this helps

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
went through all the steps only to figure out that the a500 does not accept SD cards, they take mini sd cards. I have one but no way to transfer data to it......im just gonna sell this darn thing if i can and prolly buy an Ipad.
Either of these would be cheaper than an IPad:
Amazon.com: SanDisk microSD to SD Memory Card Adapter: Electronics

Amazon.com: MOBILEMATE MicroSD / MicroSDHC / Memory Stick Micro M2 USB 2.0 Card Reader / Writer supports upto 16GB MicroSDHC and 16GB M2: Electronics
Also if you bought it new, you can either ask for an exchange or contact Acer to see if they will repair it.