I think I screwed up somehow....

turtletodd

Aug 30, 2011
So, I got CWM installed, and then put on Vegan Gingerbread. Loads up VG just fine, and everything appears to work, almost....

First, I looked for the android market app, and it isn't on the tablet like the roms creator said it was. So I downloaded the apk from the internet and installed it. When I opened it, it says there is no account on my tablet and would I like to add one. But when I try to add any account through the settings it always says can't connect to the server. No matter if I try to add a gmail or yahoo account.

What did I do wrong?

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
So, I got CWM installed, and then put on Vegan Gingerbread. Loads up VG just fine, and everything appears to work, almost....

First, I looked for the android market app, and it isn't on the tablet like the roms creator said it was. So I downloaded the apk from the internet and installed it. When I opened it, it says there is no account on my tablet and would I like to add one. But when I try to add any account through the settings it always says can't connect to the server. No matter if I try to add a gmail or yahoo account.

What did I do wrong?

You need to install a gapps file (flashable zip). Check wherever you got the file from and look for a link on that page for Gapps. On gingerbread roms you have to flash Gapps (Google apps--Market, installer,etc).

turtletodd

Aug 30, 2011
Before I installed the gapps, there was a google search w/o voice widget at the top corner. After installing the gapps I got market, but now the widget says it has trouble loading. More importantly, long pressing on the screen no longer brings up any menu. So I can't add any widgets or change the background! Everything else seems to work right. What did I do? And how do I fix it?

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Before I installed the gapps, there was a google search w/o voice widget at the top corner. After installing the gapps I got market, but now the widget says it has trouble loading. More importantly, long pressing on the screen no longer brings up any menu. So I can't add any widgets or change the background! Everything else seems to work right. What did I do? And how do I fix it?

It seems that you may need to reboot or reinstall everything again. What you're describing sounds like a corrupt download of gapps or a bad burn.

sent from my Brilliant Corners Gtablet using Tapatalk