i tried out PULSE. app. but was shocked over 400 files added to my SD card in 2 hrs

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
while exploring my SD card for stuff not needed and moving around my video files. I stumbled onto the PULSE file.. and was totally shocked.. over 413 files had been added to my SD card by just this one app.. needless to say it is gone..

That was only after about 2 hrs what the heck would be on the sd card after a week ???

anyone else notice this ?

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Pulse is one of my favorite apps, and I see it is taking a whopping 3.5mb of storage.. I have all the pages filled with favorites and I read it frequently, so this isn't a fresh install. I think you are overreacting. What is the point of having storage space if you don't use it? Flash 10.2 adds 12.05mb to your card.. Wanna get rid of that too?

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
i'd say if it is meeting the need and you have the space - why not keep it - i love my pulse especially the new version with the multiple pages for easy organization

Pulse is one of my favorite apps, and I see it is taking a whopping 3.5mb of storage.. I have all the pages filled with favorites and I read it frequently, so this isn't a fresh install. I think you are overreacting. What is the point of having storage space if you don't use it? Flash 10.2 adds 12.05mb to your card.. Wanna get rid of that too?

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
the card I have on the unrooted nook isn't that big and I know the receiver of this gift will fill it with photo's and music so dont' want to waste lots and lots of space as time goes on, she will want for something else and she is not tech savy enought to dump the excess.. and I live 2000miles away from her. so can't help..... I was just shocked at how much space the darn app took up and will continue to add as the days go by......I have loads of others that are super nice and they don't use nearly what that one does.. I was just surprised.. and since I am autonootered don't have flash to compair size

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Don't worry about 413 files.. 413 files can be 413 bytes if the files are tiny. How much total space was the app taking up? That's the number to be concerned about. From what I've observed so far, Android apps tend to have a buttload of tiny files that don't add up to much instead of having fewer larger files. Again, I wouldn't sweat it and if Pulse wanted to take 1gb of my 16gb card, I'd give it to it because it's probably my most used app.

DeeMat

Oct 19, 2010
Alright, Raven you sold me on it. I had tried Pulse on my phone but did not enjoy it. Will give it a shot on my NC now.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Dee, I doubt you'll be disappointed in it. Keep in mind, it's only as good as your feed source choices. Anything you can find a feed for, it can monitor for you. I love that I can monitor CM7 releases just by adding a channel for them.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Add another first time user thanks to this thread. I remembered hearing about this app for the iPad but didn't think fo it until seeing this. So far so good :)

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
My favorite part about Pulse is that even though they've included their idea of good links, you're free to add whatever you like. Plus, it lets me bring many sources of information together in one place, so the news isn't slanted one way or the other (CNN vs. Fox, for example..) Furthermore, if you look around the web, you can find scores of independant news sources that have RSS feeds. So you get news that hasn't been through corporate filters (again, CNN, Fox, etc...) A lot of bands also have RSS feeds, so you can keep up with band news, tour dates, etc.. Glad you guys are digging it.

Oh and I was cleaning off an older mSD card of mine and I had a Pulse folder on there.. I checked the file count and I had almost 700 files.. The total size? Just under 2mb.. 16gb - 2mb = 15998mb.. I don't think that's too much of my card to dedicate to such a useful app..