I want a tablet, but holy shinto what to buy!

wtfiny57

Oct 29, 2011
I am driving myself crazy trying to find a tablet which meets affordability and the following needs. I am not as tech savy as I would like but can nock around a bit. I would like to limit the requirement for settings changes and fooling around within the settings to accomplish the following. Getting things done once isn't too bad but after a reset I can't remember everything I did to get it all to run, not to mention I don't want to have to screw around with it, I just want to use it. I do understand that we can't get everything we want in life.
I would like to:
-access android marketplace (not limited to amazon or others)
-watch netflix
-watch utube
-look at pics off my sd card
-read books from kindle or barnes and noble, whatever
-play free games - not a gamer, still playing missle command and space invaders

Specs? approx
1GHz CPU
512MB of RAM
4GB of internal storage expandable with 32 gig sd card
1.3 or up front facing camera

LASTLY AND MAYBE MOST IMPORTANTLY - I WOULD LIKE TO TETHER MY DROID X TO IT WHEN I AM OUT OF WIFI RANGE. An actual wire tether is just fine. The new software update made my barnacle app useless (Ithink, can't get it to work. Tried a new root and it didn't root) I have an unlimited data plan and hardly use it. My eyes are getting old even for the droid x's large screen.

Please help the specs and reviews are getting me more and more confused. I did buy a nextbook from hsn and liked playing with it but it didn't do many of the things on my list. I returned it.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello, welcome to Android Tablets. It sounds like you've got a pretty good idea what you need and want in a tablet and just need a little more information on the available tablets in order to narrow it down a bit. I'm moving your post to the Android Tablet Discussions section where folks can recommend some tablets that will do the job for you. Good luck!

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
I am driving myself crazy trying to find a tablet which meets affordability and the following needs. I am not as tech savy as I would like but can nock around a bit. I would like to limit the requirement for settings changes and fooling around within the settings to accomplish the following. Getting things done once isn't too bad but after a reset I can't remember everything I did to get it all to run, not to mention I don't want to have to screw around with it, I just want to use it. I do understand that we can't get everything we want in life.
I would like to:
-access android marketplace (not limited to amazon or others)
-watch netflix
-watch utube
-look at pics off my sd card
-read books from kindle or barnes and noble, whatever
-play free games - not a gamer, still playing missle command and space invaders

Specs? approx
1GHz CPU
512MB of RAM
4GB of internal storage expandable with 32 gig sd card
1.3 or up front facing camera

LASTLY AND MAYBE MOST IMPORTANTLY - I WOULD LIKE TO TETHER MY DROID X TO IT WHEN I AM OUT OF WIFI RANGE. An actual wire tether is just fine. The new software update made my barnacle app useless (Ithink, can't get it to work. Tried a new root and it didn't root) I have an unlimited data plan and hardly use it. My eyes are getting old even for the droid x's large screen.

Please help the specs and reviews are getting me more and more confused. I did buy a nextbook from hsn and liked playing with it but it didn't do many of the things on my list. I returned it.

Hi wtfiny57, welcome to the forum, and how do you think about this one for 15% off in our site? 7 Inch High Resolution 1024*600 Capacitive Screen Android 2.3 Tablet PC with TI ARM CORTEX A8 Processor Built in Bluetooth - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
It's a hot selling item in our site, and you can find more in our Android Tablet PC section. welcome!