iCan provides "official" upgrade to their Flytouch II clone

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
My camera works fine. Got v3 of Android market up and running. Can't seem to get the YouTube app working, though as well as playing vids in the browser.

Check the #3925 thread on here. You need to use the youtube app from there to work. Dump the factory Dolphin browser and download one from Amazon or Market. I have a fresh copy of Dolphin on mine and flash seems to be working quite well.

Leeb, I'm sure you don't want to hear the broken record, but you may want to burn the U0 again. A lot of people have had to do this to get a clean write. I also found that a genuine A to A USB cable helps. If you have a "hacked" USB you could potentially "dirty" up the signal, and get a crappy burn.

Sent from a disparaged guy with a SuperPAD...another happy customer.

Last edited:

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Check the #3925 thread on here. You need to use the youtube app from there to work. Dump the factory Dolphin browser and download one from Amazon or Market. I have a fresh copy of Dolphin on mine and flash seems to be working quite well.

Leeb, I'm sure you don't want to hear the broken record, but you may want to burn the U0 again. A lot of people have had to do this to get a clean write. I also found that a genuine A to A USB cable helps. If you have a "hacked" USB you could potentially "dirty" up the signal, and get a crappy burn.

Actually I DO have a 'genuine-honest-2-goodness' A->A cable. And Im likely gonna 'do the deed' tonite. Just in time to blow it up before taking it to work tomorrow! :p

Before I do tho...
Gotta try some Star Trek divixxes... just to see if they play. :D

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Actually I DO have a 'genuine-honest-2-goodness' A->A cable. And Im likely gonna 'do the deed' tonite. Just in time to blow it up before taking it to work tomorrow! :p

Before I do tho...
Gotta try some Star Trek divixxes... just to see if they play. :D

I haven't had a DIVX file that wouldn't play on my tablet yet. watching one right now.

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk

Vinnie

Dec 10, 2010
Anyone have the g-sensors working correctly?

A few months ago I had Doodle Jump, Abduction, Labyrinth, etc. all playing perfect and since several rom changes; Stragulus, 3925, Barsuk and all the others (have tryed them all lol!), and all the u0's. Still the sensors are 90° out!!

Cheers!!

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Anyone have the g-sensors working correctly?

A few months ago I had Doodle Jump, Abduction, Labyrinth, etc. all playing perfect and since several rom changes; Stragulus, 3925, Barsuk and all the others (have tryed them all lol!), and all the u0's. Still the sensors are 90° out!!

Cheers!!

Glad to hear mine wasnt the only one that had this happen... Unfortunately I cannot provide any useful info (as yet) about how to fix it.

Right now Im busy trying to make mine RUN again!! :mad: :mad:
Actually I wish you had posted yesterday... I coulda prevented my 'blow-up'...
Tried reverting to (587) - for the camera and rotation issue... didnt fix it.
Went to put the (672) back on and accidentally reinstalled EVERYTHING!!!

8 (That's EIGHT!) attempts later, Im now at work hoping I can get the bytch to reload properly.
Last nite I almost used it as a frisbee... but first I need a dog to catch it in its teeth. :p
SD method, USB method, all failed. Only thing I havent tried is the step-on-it-till-it-cracks method.
I suspect THAT would work! :D

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Someone on XDA said that they oriented their tablet in the "proper" upright postion for burning. Meaning that the tablet was sitting in the position like, the face panel button to the right with the pad setup longitudinally (spelling?) on first boot. This may help, but honestly I am not sure. I saw a few posts in XDA about that, shortly after I read about what happened to leeb. Oddly enough, I figured he (leeb) already had it licked and was watching episodes of "Top Gear" on the pad already (j/k). Anyway, I hope this helps. If it didn't send my complaints to the US government. Lol.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Someone on XDA said that they oriented their tablet in the "proper" upright postion for burning. Meaning that the tablet was sitting in the position like, the face panel button to the right with the pad setup longitudinally (spelling?) on first boot. This may help, but honestly I am not sure. I saw a few posts in XDA about that, shortly after I read about what happened to leeb. Oddly enough, I figured he (leeb) already had it licked and was watching episodes of "Top Gear" on the pad already (j/k). Anyway, I hope this helps. If it didn't send my complaints to the US government. Lol.

Some folk call it 'landscape'... :p

Incensed, I am.
Cannot manipulate all the .rar files here at work.
Cannot enable 'usb mode' here due to the 'driver install' which seems to have affected my win7's internal SD card slot... (didnt bring the cable for this reason)
Not gonna try that here! :eek:
The Ican 2665 version (for the round button) cannot load by SD card - claims 'demaged'... :rolleyes:
The other one aint no beddah.

Just hate the idea of giving that chinese guy my phone number for a POSTAL DELIVERY of a damn cache-wiping program... scares me.

So, I guess I get to fight with windmills... call me Senor Quixote. :D
Edit:
Tried it again, 'standing up'... just sits there with the 'simple' ANDROID_ and blinks its little cursor like its just havin' a grand ole time!
:(

Last edited:

Vinnie

Dec 10, 2010
Bloody hell leeb, your have a nightmare!!

Someone XDA fixed a rom for an Elocity pad, I PM'd them and got the answer below, which is double dutch to me!!

you need the full framework.
+ surfaceflinger.so (android 2.2 only)
weeds2000 fixed it for adam and other roms, so primarily its just my fix in a7 framework that is different. you might get it to work, with just use of the libsurfaceflinger.so that weeds2000 made which is in the roms released.

Last edited:

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Bloody hell leeb, your have a nightmare!!

Someone XDA fixed a rom for an Elocity pad, I PM'd them and got the answer below, which is double dutch to me!!

you need the full framework.
+ surfaceflinger.so (android 2.2 only)
weeds2000 fixed it for adam and other roms, so primarily its just my fix in a7 framework that is different. you might get it to work, with just use of the libsurfaceflinger.so that weeds2000 made which is in the roms released.

Im with you! Bolded is the ONLY PART I understand! :confused:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Im with you! Bolded is the ONLY PART I understand! :confused:

He is talking about altering your framework to install the .so file. I don't think it will fix your tablet because of the other known issues. I would have to venture a guess to say it is still acting up? I dare say to change the U0 file to an older one, but I don't want you to brick it. Not sure where else to go without actually looking at it in person.

Sent from a SuperPAD via Tapatalk

dlzc

Feb 10, 2011
Android 2.2 Update | ICAN! - Delivering the Best Android Tablet Experience.
... to 2.2

UPDATE:
Two versions of this device are shown, one (mine) updates to v2655, and the other updates to v2005.

Somehow going *back* to a lower rev (from 3245) seems somehow wrong...

Established that this results in 3656 installed on the iCan.

Also iCan now states that they are pushing this update out ("anytime now") via an updater application. Which would eliminate the need for a special "crossover" USB cable and burner software, or even a SD card.

The "yea right" voice in my head is laughing pretty hard but...

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Established that this results in 3656 installed on the iCan.

Also iCan now states that they are pushing this update out ("anytime now") via an updater application. Which would eliminate the need for a special "crossover" USB cable and burner software, or even a SD card.

The "yea right" voice in my head is laughing pretty hard but...

I'm guessing that your "update" will be the #3925 update to your tablet. Don't know why it took so long to do.

Sent from a SuperPAD via Tapatalk

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
After untold number of attempts to reinstall after the ONE mostly-working copy I had, I opened the pad again and managed to crack the display. It has no problems as of yet, but it likely will.
Even then, more attempts to get the thing to get past the ANDROID_ 'plain' logo have failed and I am beginning to believe that I should have left the pathetic POS alone.
I cannot find anything 'done wrong' to blame it on,
it never complains about corrupt data thru the USB tho it DOES complain about the iCan2665 if it is placed on SD,
I have left it 'on its back', standing up, plugged in, not-plugged-in, wifi off, wifi on,
left it at that point for more than an hour w/o seeing the animated logo show up,

Unless someone can suggest anything else to try, I guess Im done with it... for a while at least!

Might put it on Ebay for parts...

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
After untold number of attempts to reinstall after the ONE mostly-working copy I had, I opened the pad again and managed to crack the display. It has no problems as of yet, but it likely will.
Even then, more attempts to get the thing to get past the ANDROID_ 'plain' logo have failed and I am beginning to believe that I should have left the pathetic POS alone.
I cannot find anything 'done wrong' to blame it on,
it never complains about corrupt data thru the USB tho it DOES complain about the iCan2665 if it is placed on SD,
I have left it 'on its back', standing up, plugged in, not-plugged-in, wifi off, wifi on,
left it at that point for more than an hour w/o seeing the animated logo show up,

Unless someone can suggest anything else to try, I guess Im done with it... for a while at least!

Might put it on Ebay for parts...

I know it sucks, but hopefully you will persevere. ;/
I do get a big chuckle at how you tend to describe what is going on. I believe, you sir, are a funny man.
DO NOT PART IT OUT. I am working with rgocal to build a recovery to make things like this waaaaay less likely to happen.
IF you can get a working 3925, 3656, etc. up an running, I can provide the files needed to possibly get the pig to read where "up" is (where is that arrow) .
Basically, we would need to replace files via root explorer for the tablet to identify the proper gravity on the switch to locate up/down. I got your PM and responded. So let me know.