Ice Cream on mpman mp 1027?

Sievert

Jun 19, 2012
Hi at all

I am using for the first time android 2.2 on a mpman mp 1027.

I would like too use android 4.0 but i dont know how to install a os on this tablet :(

Cann some one help me? Pleas post only if you have done this before, because i dont know andriod and i am not a genie :)

THX a lot for your help

Greets sievert

ckorakas

Aug 10, 2012
Hello

I am running 4.1.1 and I wish i hadn't done it without at least taking a back-up of my original 2.3.3 rom

the home buttons (the silver one) is not working, the wifi stays up for 2-3 mins max at the time some of the programmes crash etc

Nevertheless if you are willing to do the learning have a look at

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...pdate-ics-android-4-0-true-12.html#post232007

to see first how to root your device

Once this is done you need to use ADB to get into recovery mode (command : abd reboot recovery) and there (you will see the orange interfave of ClockWorkMod Recovery) you have the possibility to take full back-up of your system (that you can then put back if in trouble)

The only ROM update I found was through cobygermany.de (watch the video)

The mpman 1027 is most probably identical to coby kyros mid 1125

(use Android system info app, and see in the build details if it mentions mid1125)

all in all i did all this just to get the front-facing video camera to work with skype ...

Was not worth it ... camera is still not working

If you want the tablet to surf the web and play simple games or see movies then its fine

If you need skype video on it ... sell it or return it and buy a tablet that is skype certified and that runs natively Android 4

If possible ask the shop to test skype live ...

I am looking for a 4.0.3 or 3+ or 2.3+ Rom for this machine

If you find any let me know

( Ihad upgraded my phone before that and it was 100 times simpler thanks to the great work done by the cyanogen mod team)

This tablet is not easy to work with

Good luck

Chris

Yes