Ice Cream Sandwich is now live!

MISRy

Sep 4, 2011
ICS on a NC will be a real problem for the Fire boys and if the Tablet hacks as easily as the NC they'll be in Holier-Than-Thou mode till March.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Ha! That's okay, I just wanted to send my first post from the Android Tablet Forum on my Sony S Tablet!
:)
Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Ha! That's okay, I just wanted to send my first post from the Android Tablet Forum on my Sony S Tablet!

Very cool. So far so good?

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Yup! How do you do the smileys?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011

So, you never got the nook?

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
I never was looking at the Nook. I already had the Sony Reader when the original Nook came out, or I might have bought that instead. Back then the Sony didn't accept epub. I probably mentioned that everyone on the forums that has a Nook really seems to like them. Does your Nook have e-ink for reading and lcd for everything else?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I never was looking at the Nook. I already had the Sony Reader when the original Nook came out, or I might have bought that instead. Back then the Sony didn't accept epub. I probably mentioned that everyone on the forums that has a Nook really seems to like them. Does your Nook have e-ink for reading and lcd for everything else?

She actually has the Nook Color full lcd and running CM7 from a bootable sd making it quite a nice little tablet :D

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Never heard about the Sony reader but ehi....idontknow is my name!

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
The Sony Reader was one of the first competitors to Kindle. They have proven to be quite reliable. Eink is the best for reading as it is easy on the eyes and has a long battery life. The original Nook was just eink. I thought when they came out with color, you could switch over, but maybe that was a different device.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I don't know of any device that lets you switch from e-ink to LCD. There is one device that has dual screens, one e-ink and one LCD but it never really got popular because it's heavy and bulky.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I think he means the original Nook with the e-ink and the small touch lcd. The Nook Colors are full on tablets running custom Android marketed as color e-readers due to their color lcd screens.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Right, that is what I thought the original color Nooks were. I remeber the double screen one Sue mentioned. After getting the Sony ereader, I quit paying attention. :) Thanks for your responses!