ice cream sandwich sd card uses question

pettyfan45

Jan 7, 2012
ok my mom and dad each have an asus transformer tf-101 running 4.0.3 ice cream sandwich and they would like to be able to put photos on the removable micro sd cards in their tablets so they can take them to Walgreens and get professorial prints done and the Walgreens we have can get the photo off the tablets because the computers they have do not have the drivers for mounting an android device so we have to use an sd card. but i was looking and saw in honeycomb and ice cream sandwich sd card are just read only is their a way to make them read/write?

Thank you for any help,
Pettyfan45

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
On the Transformer you have full read/write capability with the external microSD card. I found I have full read/write on my Galaxy Tab 7 Plus, which is still running 3.2, so it doean't seem like a limitation of Honeycomb or ICS.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
One more thing, a microSD is basically the same as an SD card so just put the microSD into an SD adapter and there shouldn't be any problem at all. The format is the same as one from your pc.

pettyfan45

Jan 7, 2012
thanks now for the stupid question how do i save the pics from internal storage to the removable sd card