ICECREAM SANDWICH on NOOK COLOR

Benzoman

Jan 15, 2012
I'd use the samiam nightly. Only other issue I can think of is to install sneak peak 1 full of bugs first then update to the latest nightly.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
It does sound like it would be fun to try it out. Running off the card, it shouldn't be able to hurt anything.

I was under the impression that :
1- the nook is unbrickable
2- nothing bad can happen if one dooesn't install the rom on the internal memory
Hope I don"t loose my second nook to this!

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Very neat. I need to give this try.[/QUOT

I can't believe nobody is curious enough to try making a cm9 card, even if Ics is still not perfect! I would think Pbrauer , with 2 nook, would try it!
JP', the card came with CPU installed, does it mean that I can change settings and get the battery to perform better?

ics

Last edited:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
This is the setting it came with

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1326670560624.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1326670560624.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 416

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Did you change anything, or did it just fix itself?

I downloaded Adobe flash player11.0..... does it have to do wih it, that now utube is working?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
This is the setting it came with

Yes, you can make adjustments here for battery life. As always screen brightness is going to be one of the biggest drains, so start there. After that you can try lowering the max CPU to maybe something like 1000MHz.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I downloaded Adobe flash player11.0..... does it have to do wih it, that now utube is working?

Yes, there is a good chance that getting Flash will help with video playback. Of course everything is still a work in progress at this point :)

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Yes, you can make adjustments here for battery life. As always screen brightness is going to be one of the biggest drains, so start there. After that you can try lowering the max CPU to maybe something like 1000MHz.

How stupid of me.....the screen was soo bright, I forgot all about it , I guess I wanted to see really well my new nook!
I'm going to try to change the maxCPU, thank you.

rukia

Jan 15, 2012
ICS looks great on nook color! Everytyhing works now, no more freezing, youtube works.

Last edited by a moderator:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
pbrauer,I can't believe you are not brave enough to install Ice cream sandwich on your nook or at least on an s/d card. You have2nooks anyway in case anything happens! :-

Samsung Galaxy Note

Last edited:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
ukia, do you have the audio working?
yes, utube works,market works....it takes always a long time to install an app for me but it works. I installed netflix, I can open it but it doesn't play any movie. I can see the forum app horizontally ...I don't believe i can with cm7 ..... or may be I can....Idontknow!
Samsung Galaxy Note

Benzoman

Jan 15, 2012
Very neat. I need to give this try.[/QUOT

I can't believe nobody is curious enough to try making a cm9 card, even if Ics is still not perfect! I would think Pbrauer , with 2 nook, would try it!

ics

I setup and used cm9 on a card for quite awhile. It worked pretty good. I used samiam303 nightlies after he started posting them. Last one I used was from a few nights ago. Only issue I had making the card was installing full of bugs one first.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Did you install it internally or on a card, does your audio work? My wifi is flawless, utube as well. I installed dolphin hd browser, my favorite and is fast and a breeze to surf. I just need netflix and voice and I'm set.

V

Last edited:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1326693011300.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1326693011300.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 392

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
the card came with CPU installed, does it mean that I can change settings and get the battery to perform better?

Gloria, Rico posted this advice for setting up SetCPU a year ago, I think it's still good information.